Having issues w/ HTCSync

snilloconator

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I just purchased this phone yesterday and want to sync my music, pics, vids, etc.. I installed the latest software from HTC-Downloads (inspire). But I'm just having issues with sync even recognizing my phone. Only once I have been able to sync it but no luck since. I had to reboot my pc and then it recognized it? Any suggestions I'm a total htc/droid noOb coming from bb. :)

mdunn1066

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm having trouble with the HTC Hub in general, the only things i can get loaded are Skins and Widgets... Could be an issue on HTC's end

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I'm betting there servers are getting hammered with this launch and soon the Thunderbolt launch this will probably continue for the next few weeks.

Anyway that's my guess why it is hit or miss on access this information. Worse case you can always try to hard reset your phone and see if you still continue to have this problem. That's the test I would do.

Just trying to help

Inspire4GUser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I, too, am having trouble with this issue. My husband and I just upgraded to Inspires (coming from iPhone 3Gs. Total android/htc newbies, too.).

We are running 7 Home Premium, 64 bit. We went to htc.com and downloaded HTCSync from HTC Mobile Phone Support - HTC Inspire™ 4G - Downloads . We set it up, plugged in the phone and it said it was searching for HTCSync. Eventually, the phone said it couldn't find sync and gave instruction on its screen as to how to download the program.

This issue is with both phones, identically. We have tried the hard restarts and nothing changed.

If anyone has advice, I would really appreciate it. We have no clue where to go from here. :(

Thanks!

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
While I can't provide any intelligent help for the HTCSync issue I thought I would make another suggest for y'all to consider. Instead of using HTCSync have you thought about syncing using Google services? Is the reason for focusing on HTCSync because you are trying to stick with Outlook?

Just trying to help

Inspire4GUser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
While I can't provide any intelligent help for the HTCSync issue I thought I would make another suggest for y'all to consider. Instead of using HTCSync have you thought about syncing using Google services? Is the reason for focusing on HTCSync because you are trying to stick with Outlook?

Just trying to help

I appreciate that. What kind of complications can I expect to run into? I use Outlook to manage contacts and calendar. I am not at all familiar with google calendar. I've downloaded it, imported my calendar from outlook (none of my recurring events ported over) and am feeling very overwhelmed at this point.

Additionally, if not using a single-point sync program, how will I be loading music (i'm not an itunes user, but use regular mp3s)? And, how about syncing photos etc?

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
I appreciate that. What kind of complications can I expect to run into? I use Outlook to manage contacts and calendar. I am not at all familiar with google calendar. I've downloaded it, imported my calendar from outlook (none of my recurring events ported over) and am feeling very overwhelmed at this point.

Additionally, if not using a single-point sync program, how will I be loading music (i'm not an itunes user, but use regular mp3s)? And, how about syncing photos etc?

Before I try to guide you anymore can you describe how you currently use Outlook? Meaning do you also sync an exchange account to it or do you just use it for your home email, contacts, and calendar? I don't want to give you bad advise based on not knowing exactly how you use it. Also what type of reoccurring appointments do you have the typical birthday's and such?

Inspire4GUser

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I basically just use it as "home base" for contacts and calendar. I rarely open the outlook on my computer. Most all info is entered into Iphone and then syncs to outlook.

Recurring events are primarily my son's activities:
gymnastics mondays at 1700
dance class tuesdays at 1700
swim lessons fridays at 0930
homeschool aviation class on second wednesday of the month at 1200
There are birthdays, anniversaries, etc., horse worming and horseshoer reminders as calendar events as well.
None of those transferred.

The single-time events transferred:
eye doc 1130 today
Great Backyard Bird Count Fri-Sun this weekend
Supercross last Saturday night
various Motocross races
etc.

Does that answer your question? If not, I'll try to elaborate.

Just found that the Sync issue is identical on my laptop. I downloaded HTCSync to my laptop, set it up and plugged in my phone. It couldn't find the Sync program on that computer either.

And, now, both phones are reading, "Authentication failed. Please check username/password," when we try to look at our yahoo mail accounts. We had set them both up in Best Buy this afternoon and they were working fine. Mine quit and 30 minutes later, my husband's quit. I tried to fix the password with no luck. Then, I deleted the whole yahoo account off the phone. I set it up freshly and it still gives the same error.

Holy crap, this is frustrating. I REALLY like this device and want it to work out, but there is so little info online and seems there's no tech support.(?) I'm not sure I'm cut out to be one of HTC's guinea pigs.

coreymcl

Oct 15, 2009
Visit site
It sounds like y'all are having 2 issues; 1 problems with account authentication on your phone with your Yahoo account and 2 getting the HTCSync to sync your contacts and calendar information to your phone. Correct???

First let's look at the Yahoo issue, HTC Inspire 4G Help Thread - Android Forums

Take a look at this thread that discusses Yahoo and issues people have had. You will also see them discussing that there is a Yahoo Mail app. If you are not already, I would suggest you try using it and see if the problem still exists.

This next part does not solve your syncing problem with Outlook rather suggests an alternate way of getting your existing events into Google Calendar. If this is an option you want to try see more information below. If this is not a good option for you I would try contacting HTC support at HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs for help with your HTCSync issues.

First you want to export your calendar from Outlook into a .CSV file. Once you have that file login to your Google account and under calendar and calendar settings try and import the .CSV file. The next steps is to verify all of your events are there. If all the information is there you should be set for over the air syncing using Google Services. But just to be clear using this approach you would need to start using Google Calendar instead of Outlook.

I don't use Outlook or HTCSync so it's hard for me to provide any additional specific assistance.

The last suggestion I would make is, I would suggest you seriously consider using Google services for mail, contacts, and calendar instead of Yahoo and even Outlook. It's a much cleaner solutions using Google services since they have designed the phone's OS to work well with their services. Besides Yahoo has been the cause of several problems with other mobile devices recently.

Besides if you are sharing family calendar's with your husband Google would offer a better solutions for sharing those events you both need to keep in your calendar but don't want to have to enter them twice or email them to one another.

Please let us know if and when you solve this problem or have additional questions.

Cassi3703

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
When I plug my phone in to sync music to it everything works fine. It recognizes my device and my computer says that my music syncs to my phone just fine but when I unplug my phone I can't find where my music is. Any suggestions?

tmn72tx

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
Cassi3703,
Your music should be on the SD card, under the folder Music. It may have a few folders under this, but for the Music application to run your music, that is where it should be and where HTC Sync should be placing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34