[Guide] Installing Swype Beta on HTC Inspire 4G

gant77

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
I cant even get that far, when I get my link from Swyoe Beta, it tells me "Sorry! This is not an Android phone."
Should I be using a gmail address for registration? I used my yahoo address.

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I cant even get that far, when I get my link from Swyoe Beta, it tells me "Sorry! This is not an Android phone."
Should I be using a gmail address for registration? I used my yahoo address.
Give it a try...I used my gmail addy, no problems with my N1 (rooted) and Inspire (not rooted).

Rithira

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem as KRoberts...please advise. I followed everything else right to the tee but when I enter cd C:\AC-SWM I get "The system cannot find the path specified."

2hands

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
:(I managed to install swype on my htc inspire 4g ATT, i just cant seem to use it, eveytime i open a text or email the Default HTC keyboard shows up.

Help plz:(:(

Silas0220

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
You have to select Swype as your keyboard. Installing it just adds the option to select it. This is true for any keyboard you add in Android. When in a text box area, long press and the option for "Input Method" will come up. Hit that and choose Swype.

sarahshinn93

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I have installed this and i have gotten the keyboard up to type but right when I start to type a message pops up saying something about the swype needing to be upgraded. I have tried uninstalling it and going through the whole process again and it still down not work and I don't know why.

twinbladess

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
New to Android and just got my Inspire. Took a bit to figure out what all the technobabble meant, but once I did, the guide worked like a charm. Swype is awesome! Thanks!:)

greymare

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
THANK YOU!

All I can say is I LOVE YOU!! I have spent HOURS trying to get Swype loaded on my Inspire. Your tutorial was PERFECT! I can now Swype again!

Racing666

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
When I get to step 7 and type in adb install Swype-Installer.apk I get an error message of "can't find Swype-Installer.apk to install" but when I navigate out to the folder, it's there. Please advise.

Smokeaire

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
When I get to step 7 and type in adb install Swype-Installer.apk I get an error message of "can't find Swype-Installer.apk to install" but when I navigate out to the folder, it's there. Please advise.
Look again at the file name. It might be named: Swype_Installer.apk (notice the underscore). That is a common issue.

rj21

Apr 21, 2011
Visit site
So I got past the entire part requiring the computer and got the installer on my phone, but I keep getting the warning message every time i try to run the installer, and the installer (when I press cancel) never finishes installing swype...any suggestions????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38