No HTML Email????

JohnnyUtah

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Just switched over from bberry 9700. Does the HTC maill app not support html, it is grayed out as an option under the settings/send-receive? Please tell me I'm doing something wrong, even my iphone 3g can render html. Running microsoft exchange server, what gives?

JohnnyUtah

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm finding out some things that piss me off. This is a powerful phone but not bein able to delete pre-installed apps, no html email, no way to customize home screen to show recent emails, sms, calendar events, and missed calls, the maze of commands to get to things, I don't know. I want to love this phone but the learning curve is tremendous. Coming from blackberry, which is easy and intuitive for general use to this behemoth is daunting. I knew the battery was an issue but didnt understand until I looked at running apps, its like windows 7, a bunch of **** boots up and you have to get a 3rd party app to kill most of it. I still like it but this is going to take some work

dzervit

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I'm finding out some things that piss me off. This is a powerful phone but not bein able to delete pre-installed apps, no html email, no way to customize home screen to show recent emails, sms, calendar events, and missed calls, the maze of commands to get to things, I don't know. I want to love this phone but the learning curve is tremendous. Coming from blackberry, which is easy and intuitive for general use to this behemoth is daunting. I knew the battery was an issue but didnt understand until I looked at running apps, its like windows 7, a bunch of **** boots up and you have to get a 3rd party app to kill most of it. I still like it but this is going to take some work

You couldn't delete AT&T pre-installed apps on their BB's, either. I always hid them in a "junk" folder.

Sure you can customize the home screen to do just that. Just takes a little patience and experimenting.

I agree on many levels that a BB is very much intuitive for general use and communication, but they also have a tremendous level of complexity when getting into the full menus, keyboard shortcuts, etc... very, very powerful phones that require a lot of learning to be a "power user".

There are many things I find it can't do that my Torch did exceptionally well. Use it for three weeks and re-evaluate. For me, there are no "deal breakers" yet. Then again, it's only been 3 days.

loopy12

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I come from three generations of bb and running hybrid os's on them...always tweaking .....the inspire is years ahead of the bb9700 for me....easier to customize and a lot more customization options...this could be overwhelming for some. I have no problem getting mail..it is all in the way you set your phone up....give it time and you will learn your way around the inspire and will never look back to BB

JohnnyUtah

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not talking about actually receiving mail, I'm talking about the native HTC email client rendering html emails instead of text only. I've set it up correctly and apparently this is a known issue as I have researched it.

JohnnyUtah

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Why would I switch to google when I sync my calendar and contacts over enterprise? This is why I'm frustrated. I installed K9 email so I could get html emails but then I would get duplicates in both clients. If I turned off enterprise mail I wouldn't get anything. It's just amazing to me that android does so many things right but fails on the most basic level of email. The native email with HTC Sense is clumsy and with my line of work email, texting and phone quality are my biggest needs. Android blows away bberry in so many ways but I'm not sure that the benefits android affords outweigh the basics. Maybe I just need more time to adapt.

JohnnyUtah

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't use POP I use Activesync with an Exchange server. It is obvious after doing a lot of searching that HTC's new Sense 2.2 isn't capable of handling html email in its native client, nor can you delete multiple emails, at least with the Inspire. What good are the bells and whistles of android if the basics don't work?

JohnnyUtah

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I understand that gmail does html, so do k9 and touchdown, I'm not interested in having to use a 3rd party client to get html email from exchange.

JohnnyUtah

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Apparently this is a limitation of the HTC Sense Ui as I have found out after trading out for an Atrix. The Atrix displays html emails in its native email client without issue. I also like the email interface of the Atrix better as it seems more intuitive.