Wrong town showing up?

jbengen

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I just received my inspire today. I am in central pa, but the location that the phone thinks its in is new jersey. How should I go about fixing this?
Thanks for the help.

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Some of these phones must have borrowed the gps from Samsung :eek:

You may have a defective unit. The gps should at least find your location within 30 meters or so.

jbengen

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I am using the airwaves. I have a micro cell at ny house. I tried resetting the gps and location. No luck. So it affects everything from the weather to maps.
Thanks.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't have an airave but it is my understanding that the airave gets location from the location of the server it is using. Someone please correct me if I am wrong about where the location is coming from. Try getting away from your house and refresh your location setting to see if that fixes this issue for you if it does than your airave is cosing the issue

gsmtest

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Inspire location error

Is anyone still seeing this? If so please tell me what city you are in and what city is displayed. Thanks!

dcdenonda

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
yea i have a microcell too, im in alexandria VA, and the inspire weather widget says im in clarksville, i dont even know where that is...lol

jager121199

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
I have an inspire, with microcell my location in maps is always wrong, 127 miles away, also with weather any app that uses locations,(nav,tracks,find me, etc.) My old phone ( HTC aria) shows exact location everytime, questioning the phone, no microcell. Any thoughts?

UnfocusedHTC

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
As for the weather I've seen that before. Remove the widget then add it Avon. Then manually select your city. Should help with the weather location.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12