New to Android. First post question

ddiehl

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I just made the jump from my iPhone 3GS, to an Inspire 4G. I'm really digging this phone. I love that I no longer feel like I'm locked in a cage, with Apple holding the key. I must say that the only thing I miss is the home/start button on the iPhone. Probably only because I'm not used to it yet.

On to my question.

When I bought the phone the agent at AT&T transferred all my contacts from my iPhone, to the Inspire. I noticed that the contacts were stored on the sim card. I copied the contents of the sim card, to the phone. Now I have duplicate contacts- one on the phone, and one on the sim card. Is there a way to delete all the contacts from the sim card, or do I need to do it one, by one?

Is there also a way to sync the contacts on the phone to a Google account, or the PC? If so, how?

Thanks, and sorry for the noob questions..

Chrisy

Banned
Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Download the app called Google Sync from the Apple Market to get your contacts syned from iPhone to Google Account.

On the BlackBerry it's Google Sync.

There should be an option on your iphone to select to either show SIM and/or phone contacts.

ddiehl

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Download the app called Google Sync from the Apple Market to get your contacts syned from iPhone to Google Account.

On the BlackBerry it's Google Sync.

There should be an option on your iphone to select to either show SIM and/or phone contacts.

Thanks for the quick response.

I already moved the contacts from the iPhone to the Isnpire. The issue I'm having is that my Inspire is showing duplicate contacts. One that appears to be on the sim card itself (has a little sim card icon), and one that appears on the phone memory (has a little face avatar). I'm trying to see if there's a method to just wipe the duplicates off the sim card.

Thanks, again..

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
sasha718 answered how to hide the sim contacts. as for syncing contacts to google: make a gmail account. sign into gmail on phone. set gmail up to sync and it will back up your contacts. you can double check by going into contacts and opening menu settings