Synce music with Inspire

wfortson

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The HTC Inpire is my first Android phone. I want to use it as my main music player. What's the best app for syncing my music. I want to organize (Albums, Artist, Genres, Playlists, etc...) my music on my desktop computer and sync everthing to my Inspire. I have looked at iSyncr, doubleTwist, and others. Unless I am misinterpretating them, they all just sync Playlists. I have searched various forums and everything seems to point to apps that sync Playlists only. I don't want to have create Playlists for all of my music. I simply want to sync all of my "Music" as I have it organized. I hope this makes sense. Also, I want to store all my music on my SD Card. Does anybody know which apps or methods will allow me to do this.

Thanks,

William

wfortson

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have tried HTC Sync briefly. I thought it Syncs Playlists only from Itunes or Media player. Can it sync all of my music in Itunes or Media Player regardless of if they are in a Playlist?

thanks,

Last edited:

wfortson

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your quick replies. If I sync to the folder that holds all of my Itunesmusic, will everything I have organized (Genres, Albums, Album Art, etc...) within the Itunes applications come over? I want to be able select songs by Artist, Album, and Genre with my Music player on the Android as I have organized them in Itunes.

KTyger

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I can't sync everything in my iTunes music (even on a 32 GB micro SD, which I don't have yet), but just copying the folders for each album (I suspect I didn't need to do it by folder, but it's easier to change up music for me that way) to the card the artist and album information came over just fine. I can't say about genres because the music player doesn't have that as an option to choose from as far as I can tell, like it does artist, album, and song.

zwaaa

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My solution to this was to set up a subsonic server on my media server (Subsonic ? Free Music Streamer) and install the subsonic android application on my phone. I can stream my library over 4g or 3g rock solid but I do live in the DC metro area.

I swear by this setup.

mholmes05

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
My solution to this was to set up a subsonic server on my media server (Subsonic ? Free Music Streamer) and install the subsonic android application on my phone. I can stream my library over 4g or 3g rock solid but I do live in the DC metro area.

I swear by this setup.

This looks really interesting - how does it affect your data usage though? I know it's great for those who got the unlimited data grandfathered in, but what about the others, myself included, who are at the 2G/4G a month plan?

zwaaa

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
This looks really interesting - how does it affect your data usage though? I know it's great for those who got the unlimited data grandfathered in, but what about the others, myself included, who are at the 2G/4G a month plan?

Yeah, that's a problem. Suddenly using your cell phone feels like being a Comcast customer. Glad I am grandfathered. Been with ATT for 12 years

mholmes05

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I see that it could be awesome, but unless you're in lots of hotspots or using wifi, I can see that being a HARDCORE usuage of data -- I'm averaging close to 1 gig a month and I stream podcasts online about an hour or so a day (during the commute)... imagine streaming music through the day...

Ouch.

zwaaa

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I see that it could be awesome, but unless you're in lots of hotspots or using wifi, I can see that being a HARDCORE usuage of data -- I'm averaging close to 1 gig a month and I stream podcasts online about an hour or so a day (during the commute)... imagine streaming music through the day...

Ouch.

Well, to be fair I stream through a web browser at work when I get there, but yeah, I've been known to use 6 gigs at times. That's why I was specific at the ATT store that I expect to have my unlimited at the end of the upgrade. I assume that there are lots of traps and obstacles to get people like me to surrender our unlimited data. I assume some people don't realize the significance of it and just get taken off of it by salespeople. They claimed to have some "problems" getting the "system" to accept mine and wanted to just run it through with a 4gig plan, to which I objected heartily. I could have gotten my Inspire for 30 less at Wirefly, but at wirefly you must chose one of the capped data plans. No personals allowed.

So, be careful upgraders.....

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
If I'm reading your question correctly, iSyncr definitely allows you to sync ALL of your music, without having to pick a specific playlist. For sorting by all the other things you specified in your first post, there are several 3rd party media players (like WinAmp) that will do that.

wfortson

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Alright, I trying to use HTC Sync. After starting it up the first time, I decided I would uninstall Itune and clear out all my music from Windows Media so I could just load a few albums to test it out. However, old Playlist that have been cleared out of WMP are still showing up in HTC Sync. Why won't they go away? Of the ones that are still showing, 4 of them are still being synced even though they do not exist in WMP.

In the mean time I am going to give Isyncr a try.

Thanks.

William

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma