I used the 2g iphone trick to get unlimited data

Ryang76

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes. Prior to tonight the line has always had a capped data plan. The iPhone was only on the line for about 5 mins. Entire process took about 10 mins.

Patg88

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Now the best part is I use the coredroid gingerbread rom which enables the hotspot feature. So now I have unlimited data for my laptop and ipad2 as well.

Thanks to the OP for posting this. Worked perfectly!!

Some people have said AT&T will know you are tethering and send you an email stating that they will switch your data plan. Anyone have more info on this?

Ryang76

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
From what I have read online, there is a barrier of about 5GB that will set off a red flag on your account. It seems like people that use the tethering only every so often are fine.

I think it's a lot like speeding on the freeway. Sure, a lot of people do it and the chances of getting caught just depend on how smart of a speeder you are. Of course if you are going 125+ down the freeway - you're chances of getting caught are A LOT higher than going 80.

I think tethering is the same analogy.

Ryang76

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Went to check my voicemail today and it had been totally reset and had to reconfigure it with password, etc. ODD. I had to do this after getting Inspire on Unlimited plan.

Went to check back on wireless.att.com and they had switched my plan from the generic smartphone unlimited back to the original iphone unlimited plan. Good news is its $10 cheaper a month.

Can the OP give a suggetion on this since you work for ATT. Was this something that was done by a sweep or by a rep? It seemed to have happened within the last day.

Can I just leave the Inspire on a iPhone plan? I tried to switch it back to the generic plan on the ATT website and it said my phone wasnt eligible? However, the login screen shows that I am using the Inspire?

So confused....

Maxwell72

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
So what is being said here is that I could get unlimited data for 5$ more than I already pay for the limited data package on my inspire?

Maxwell72

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Wait, so how much does it end up costing and how do you do it? I am new to smartphone and had trouble following that. Any help or a response would be appreciated.

Maxwell72

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
So after finding out there was more than one page :D I read the rest of the posts, is there a way to use the inspire with the 20 dollar unlimited plan and how? I can not afford the extra ten $ a month.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
This weekend when i was picking up my infuse i used my fiances upgrade since she is happy with her iphone 4 and through the process of him activating things( an at&t retailer non corporate store)
She now has unlimited data again i really wish it was me! but i dont go over the 4gb tethering plan anyways im always on wifi just thought it was interesting that there is still somehow an option for them.

Hypnopottamus

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, this was shut down (using the iphone 2G route at least). Phones that have successfully done it in the past are fine, but I don't think it'll work now. I read this in the XDA forums from the guy that "discovered" it. He supposedly works at an AT&T.

renie1213

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
okay, i was reading this and i know this doesnt have much to do with your thread....but you were talking about changing the IMEI code. can somebody pleaseeee tell me how to do this?!?! i have been looking all night and cannot figure it out to save my life! any response would be amazing thankssss!!!!!

renie1213

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
okay, i was reading this and i know this doesnt have much to do with your thread....but you were talking about changing the IMEI code. can somebody pleaseeee tell me how to do this?!?! i have been looking all night and cannot figure it out to save my life! any response would be amazing, by email if need be irene.ozen@yahoo.com thankssss!!!!!

gamerpaul

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
As far as I know, this was shut down (using the iphone 2G route at least). Phones that have successfully done it in the past are fine, but I don't think it'll work now. I read this in the XDA forums from the guy that "discovered" it. He supposedly works at an AT&T.

I successfully used this trick to get unlimited 4g for my Inspire in either late July or early August.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX