How to delete pre-installed programs & stop other programs from running automatically

blamo

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey everybody,

New member and new to smartphones in general, so please go easy on me.

I've had my HTC Inspire for a week but I'm running into a few irksome issues.

#1.) How do you delete pre-installed software? I want to delete the Blockbuster app (the icon is unsightly) and Asphalt 5 (which keeps turning on by itself, and that leads me to my second question...)

#2.) How do you stop programs from turning on automatically? I'll often open up Advanced Task Killer and see 8 or programs running that I didn't turn on, such as AT&T Navigation, maps, news, Asphalt 5, etc. Seeing as how AT&T only gives us 2 gigs, I really don't want these programs hogging it all up.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

mrro82

Mr. Ro.
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Rooting will solve those problems. Once you root, you can download Titanium backup and delete them manually. There are also ROM's that will do it for you but TB worked fine for me. Bye bye bloatware.

vel7wil

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If ur not up to hacking or rooting try this....menu-setting-applications-running apps--.....you'll see a list of apps either running or on standby...after a little practice you'll know what u want turned off that'll take care of that problem. Try downloading launcher pro and tap menu-preferences-general settings-hide apps...although it wont delete them it will get them out of the way.....and regardless of what you heard task killers crete more problems than they sovle on android phones (for alot of apps) turning off some that actual operate the system

bmolloy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Hey everybody,

New member and new to smartphones in general, so please go easy on me.

I've had my HTC Inspire for a week but I'm running into a few irksome issues.

#1.) How do you delete pre-installed software? I want to delete the Blockbuster app (the icon is unsightly) and Asphalt 5 (which keeps turning on by itself, and that leads me to my second question...)

#2.) How do you stop programs from turning on automatically? I'll often open up Advanced Task Killer and see 8 or programs running that I didn't turn on, such as AT&T Navigation, maps, news, Asphalt 5, etc. Seeing as how AT&T only gives us 2 gigs, I really don't want these programs hogging it all up.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

The best way to stop programs from opening automatically is to take Advanced task killer off your phone. Without it you will not even know those programs are running. I am sure somebody told you that you had to put ATK on but I think if you do a little research you will find that the Task killers don't really do anything for Android 2.2. Do you notice how those programs you force close open right back up? This is just the way android works, I am not a programmer and I don't know the specifics of how this works but my understanding is the programs are not really "open" but more like staged to be open. Trust the Android... Enjoy the phone, even with that crappy AT&T bloatware and programs that open and close on their own.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay