Should I Use a Task Killer?

omg_its_kerri

Mar 6, 2011
anovelpursuit.com
I'm still new to Android and have been trying to figure whether or not I should purchase a task killer app (I have my eye on Advanced Task Manager Pro).

Does anyone use one of these apps? Are they beneficial? Is there a reason to have/not have one?

I've been doing my best to control background updates and other settings on apps, but my battery still seems to drain quickly. My Inspire isn't rooted, but I've heard that doing so can save battery life. I'm just afraid that I'll mess something up if I try to do it.

Sent via Tapatalk on the HTC Inspire 4G.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Dont use a task killer, the newer versions of android dont need them. One reason not to have them is that it can potentially cause problems with the way your device operates if you kill processes that dont need killed. when apps are not being used on your device, they will automatically be killed. Battery life on the Inspire isnt the best, but my advice would be to let the battery die completly at least once, then recharge. This helps to calibrate the battery levels in the os, and has really helped me.

I havent looked into rooting this device for a few reasons, 1. it looks like a pain in the butt, coming from my droid x which was just a one click app. 2. there hasnt been anything really that I want to root for. If you arent familiar with rooting a phone, especially one that is as involved as this one, i would personally stay away from it.

omg_its_kerri

Mar 6, 2011
anovelpursuit.com
Thanks, Cobra. I'll stay away from the task killer and definitely won't be rooting. I'd love the ability for screenshots, but I don't know the first thing about rooting.

Sent via Tapatalk on the HTC Inspire 4G.