I just got my HTC Inspire and after a huge pain at the store all 300 of my contacts were transferred over. Then today, I tried to take all the Facebook contacts out of my contacts list and went to the facebook app, hit syn contacts, then chose the "remove facebook data". That is all I did, and now every contact is gone!!!! I lost all 300 contacts in my phone, just like that. How do I get them back? I am not a total tech guru, but I know enough to know that I didn't hit anything else, there were no "are you sure you want to delete contacts" messages or anything. Please help me get them back. I have not synced the phone to my computer yet, the contacts have not been saved on any other device, this is my only hope!! It just doesn't seem reasonable that they should all just disappear like that...
    03-14-2011 01:56 PM
    you might try to just recheck the option to re-sync with facebook. make sure that all your contacts are stored with your gmail acct, that way you dont have to transfer anything if you ever get another android phone. just log in, choose to sync them and they will all be there.
    03-14-2011 03:29 PM
    Usually, I sync all my contacts with my GMail address book. Not sure why I would want Facebook handling my contacts.
    03-14-2011 05:40 PM
    If you go to your contacts and hit menu. Then click settings, then view you can check off where you want to view your contacts from ( facebook, sim, phone, gmail etc )
    03-14-2011 06:16 PM
    I just got my HTC Inspire and after a huge pain at the store all 300 of my contacts were transferred over. Then today, I tried to take all the Facebook contacts out of my contacts list and went to the facebook app, hit syn contacts, then chose the "remove facebook data". That is all I did, and now every contact is gone!!!! I lost all 300 contacts in my phone, just like that. How do I get them back? I am not a total tech guru, but I know enough to know that I didn't hit anything else, there were no "are you sure you want to delete contacts" messages or anything. Please help me get them back. I have not synced the phone to my computer yet, the contacts have not been saved on any other device, this is my only hope!! It just doesn't seem reasonable that they should all just disappear like that...
    The only thing I could see that would work? is if you were to re-sync with FB.

However,do you have the same 300 contacts still on another smart phone?
    i.e black berry? if so? what I would do is to sync your Black berry to
    Gmail. Once your contacts are loaded into Gmail?

Perform a Gmail sync with your Inspire and then your contacts should appear.
    03-14-2011 08:30 PM