Fire/EMS(doc and Nurses) pd security

emscapt47

Trusted Member
Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
So any of you folks use the INSPIRE on the job and if so what apps do you use? Also kinda give us a hint of the area your in and if you have the 4g in your area also....

Spartacus802

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I use the Inspire on the job (PD). The apps I'm currently using on my list that continues to grow is:

Google Translate (since I don't speak Spanish)
Epocrates (handy if I run across a drug I don't know)
Radar Now (living in Tornado alley and we are first out for spotting)
Home screen short cut to the state Statutes
Angry Birds (to make the down time go by)

I'm down in Southeast Kansas where we don't have 3G or 4G. I'm running on straight EDGE. I switched from the BB Torch and couldn't be happier with the change.

bmolloy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I am a FF/PM in Southern California. Our department has been using a windows mobile based Patient Record Management System for several years now. The developer has abandoned windows mobile (actually I guess windows mobile abandoned them) and switched it to Android. It is in Beta now so hopefully we will have it soon. It is nice to see a large software development company put it's weight behind android.

I am sad to say there is not a great protocol management software out there yet for android. For the iPhone there is an app that has all of the regional EMS protocols. If there are any developers out there I will pay for this app!

bmolloy

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I have the Inspire and a Nexus One.

For the winmo stuff we have used a bunch of phones over the years right now I think they are HTC Tilt pro 2's. Not a bad device really but windows mobile is really old school! Anxiously awaiting the Android PCR software. Most of the guys at work are on Android, only a couple of iPhones floating around.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using taptalk

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513