Otterbox and caller echo?

satburn

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Was wondering if anybody else sporting a Desire HD Otterbox Defender Case on their HTC Inspire has noticed this? When my phone is in its case 9 out of 10 times the person I am talking to complains of hearing an echo of their voice. As described here:

Otterbox Alternatives? [Archive] - MacRumors Forums

Everytime they complain, I can remove my phone from the case, call them back and the echo is gone for them. I was wondering if anybody else with the same setup has noticed this? I have yet to poke a hole in the case over the rear mic, but was wondering if it was getting feedback through the case causing the echo...

Thoughts?

Last edited:

clintrojan

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I ordered one and it is suppose to come in next friday. I hope it doesn't effect the call quality like this.

I would say heat a nail and make a hole in the back and see if it helps.

cobra302

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
i have the defender for the desire and use on my inspire. i removed the plastic cover that covers up the flash and that small hole and have never had any complaints of echo. i bet thats gonna be your culprit. why they made the case with the flash covered is beyond me.

satburn

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
i have the defender for the desire and use on my inspire. i removed the plastic cover that covers up the flash and that small hole and have never had any complaints of echo. i bet thats gonna be your culprit. why they made the case with the flash covered is beyond me.

I believe you are going to be right... I tried the pin hole trick... people I talked to said it was better. Seemed to be better in noisy environments vs a dead quiet room (which makes sense). I think I will try removing the whole cover next.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz