hotspot on Inspire 4g

redskynights4

Aug 27, 2009
Visit site
If I have unlimited data on my Inspire, can i use the hotspot function or do i need a tethering plan? if it requires tethering or will boot me from my unlimited plan im not interested lol

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
You need the 4G plan which is $45 for 2GB of Data to use the Hot Spot feature. If you have the unlimited plan now, they will switch you and you will loose your unlimited data.

projekt1

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the reason why i hate att is because they said I wouldnt be able to keep my unlimited data, some bullcrap =\

Yea they should at least give us (unlimited data members) an option. Maybe an additional $10 or so just to tether, something is better than just switching the plan on us. It's almost like a slap in the face for being with them for so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
did you read the last pages of the thread?

It is said an AT&T error message will pop up saying
"Tethering is not authorized for this sim card number account"

I wouldn't risk it unless you don't mind being charged extra each month?

Especially as they are cracking down on unauthorized tethering, and will automatically put you on the plan, lol.

smokinHawk

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
yes and they are bluffing, it works for me and i dont get any emails and no bills.
i have been tethering since i got it and i have unlimited and dont get charged extra.

if you do it right it will let you tether.

projekt1

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
yes and they are bluffing, it works for me and i dont get any emails and no bills.
i have been tethering since i got it and i have unlimited and dont get charged extra.

if you do it right it will let you tether.

I think it's a matter of time for those that haven got caught yet. Let us know when you do get an email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dbmorris99

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, the reason why i hate att is because they said I wouldnt be able to keep my unlimited data, some bullcrap =\

i just upgraded to the HTC Inspire 4g and i went into the ATT store and told them that my data plan was disabled after i upgraded and i got my unlimited plan back when i went in and complained about it.

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
you will never (to date that is) loose the unlimited plan when switching devices even on contract renewal UNLESS you tell them to change your data plan. Once you switch data plans, you "cannot" be switched back. "cannot" without a very good reason.

BigTex

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I have lost my ability to create and connect to my own hotspot. I now get a message to contact at&t for s tethering account. I just used this last week. Has this happened to anyone else?

jtrader

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
The "workaround" doesn't work anymore.... Not if you've upgraded to gingerbread. It only works on 2.2 phones.

I use PDANET for my tethering on my unlimited plan. Works like a charm.

jlgroves1

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I use PdaNet as well, but its only for wired tethering unless you share through bluetooth. Didn't know about the workaraound previously mentioned. I wonder how long until ATT starts shutting it down for everyone. Maybe they will only target heavy users and unlimited data plans. I'm on 2Gig plan but still like to tether every now and then.

CutRiteFX

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I have rooted my phone and am able to use it with no problem. From what I read is that AT&T is cracking down on the abusers of this option. If you use it here and there I really don't think that you will have a problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL