Problem with icons in folder

strider_ram

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have created a folder in my home screen and added some apps to it. However whenever I restart my phone, some of the apps in the folder are missing the original icon and I get an Android icon instead. I have to remove the Android icons and insert the correct apps again into the folders to get the original icons back. But whenever I restart the phone, this happens again.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue? Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks.

NativeTxn

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I did, but it seemed to happen only to apps that are in folders on mine (ex: I have Dolphin HD moved to the SD card but it is on my home screen but not in a folder, and when I restart it, it would still go back to the Dolphin icon).

An "easier" way to fix it instead of re-dropping all of the icons into the folder is to simply change the skin and all the icons will restore to the proper, "non-android" icons.

I still thought this was annoying, so I bought the full version of Folder Organizer, and it isn't a problem. Only thing I miss is the ability to drag and drop icons into a folder - instead I have to go into the Folder Organizer app and move the apps between folders. But it's not difficult and honestly the $1.40 or so was worth not having to change my skin every time I restarted the phone.

RetroGamer2153

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Changing the skin also changes the wallpaper. Having to reconfigure two or more things.
The easiest way I found was to change the language to Spanish or French. Go back to home, let it load up, then change it back to English.
If you turn the phone completely off, or restart, you'll have to repeat this trick.

danlib21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue so i downloaded Folder Organizer app and i use those folders instead. Never had that problem again.

Hypnopottamus

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
An easy way to get around this is to temporarily change the skin (as has been mentioned above) or the wallpaper. Another way is to use Folder Organizer (as mentioned above) or I also believe the free Elixir app works also ( but don't quote me on that).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae