root or not?

MrEastwood#AC

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I was just wondering what the best way to root this phone is? And can you guys give me the link to the program you used to root your phone? And when I do decide to do this will I lose all of my contacts and stuff?

MrEastwood#AC

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't mean to sound like a prick, but this phone has me baffled. I've tried to make a gold card and root this thing but I have no luck with it. I wish someone local to Charlotte was on here that could help me.

BryanTheRed

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site

clintrojan

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't mean to sound like a prick, but this phone has me baffled. I've tried to make a gold card and root this thing but I have no luck with it. I wish someone local to Charlotte was on here that could help me.

If you are having problems then I would suggest trying to get someone who really knows what they are doing to root it if you have to have it.

I have been doing IT for almost 7 years and have some experience with hacking/modding/jailbreaking but this is my first android phone and I haven't rooted it because I don't feel I really need to and I don't want to brick it.

If you honestly don't know what you are doing then I recommend following a walk-through exactly or post a question about any problems you are having. Trying it yourself when you don't know what you are doing can result in a bricked phone.

Sorry I couldn't help any more than that advice.

MrEastwood#AC

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
So I got my phone rooted yesterday. This thing is awesome! I found a guy on Craigslist that was local to me that did it for me. He put CM7 on it for me, and now it's like a whole new phone.

MrEastwood#AC

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
@jdawest, the battery is much better on it now. I played with it all day and got a little over 11 hours with the screen on full brightness and the ringtones are actually audible for me at work, and I drive a forklift in a warehouse. There are lots of other small things that just make it cool. And it seems to take better pics and video now. Not to mention all the apps are free on applanet too!

@lonestarranger, he did it for me for $35 which to me is a deal.

It is definatly a great way to go!

Last edited:

jdawest

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
wow, ok, I'm sold! I'm off work tomorrow ( I drive a forktruck in a pipe plant ) and I'll try to root it myself with the "bubby's" method.

jdawest

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
no, actually, I'd never heard of applanet before his post. I was already considering it because I had heard of Android limitations placed by AT&T and wanted the option of using the Amazon market. What sold me on his post was the extended battery and better audio performance he is reporting.

Last edited: