What music Player do you use?

Wired4Speed

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
wondering if there are better music players out there without having to download and test each of them. Not sure I really like the default one, and when you put it in landscape mode it just doesn't work well.

ReuvenNY

Dec 19, 2008
Visit site
I am playing with the WinAmp and Amazon MP3 player. Both are better then the stock player. The WinAmp you can sync with your computer, but the Amazon has now 5GB cloud storage.

KCMike

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm using 2 ...

> The stock HTC player, which isn't bad
> PowerAMP Music Player - The EQ is killer!!

For PowerAmp it took me a bit to get it dialed in for my truck. The 'Rock' preset is fine with headphones however I needed to tone it done when it was matched with my stereo. The high tends to be too high for some types of music.

The other thing I did in PowerAMP was turn off the DHD FX settings.

clintrojan

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I love winamp on windows but hated the android app.

I use the stock now because the Dolby Digital and SRS WOW equalizers. Can other music players use these? It is what keeps me on the stock app because it makes the music sound so good with headphones or stereo in my car.

ednygma

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I apologize for this being a dumb question but is the stock app just the 'Music' app/icon that is loaded on the Inspire?

I am not sure I know what the difference is between the 'stock' music player and the 'android' music player that some have mentioned.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Poweramp is awesome. It does cost $5 after the trial, but if you listen to music alot, it's well worth it. I'm still trying to find the best way to sync (from iTunes). I don't need to do it that often, and doubletwist has worked fine for free.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure I know what the difference is between the 'stock' music player and the 'android' music player that some have mentioned.

There is the music app (HTC), and 2 music widgets (HTC and Android). Never used the Android music widget, but the HTC music widget is the same thing as the app.

clintrojan

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I use phantom music widget. It disappears when you aren't using it. Nifty little widget.

It has Vol down, Back, Play/Stop, Skip, and Vol up. Only bad thing is you can't open your playlist from the widget.

dylan808

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
i use doubletwist. it's simple enough for me and i love the airsync. i had winamp but it was too confusing for my tastes.
i'm looking at getting poweramp just doing more research about it. :)

KCMike

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I use the stock now because the Dolby Digital and SRS WOW equalizers. Can other music players use these? It is what keeps me on the stock app because it makes the music sound so good with headphones or stereo in my car.

Yep - PowerAMP has the option to use the Dolby Digital & the SRS settings. You'll find it under the DHD.

aparat

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Another vote for PowerAmp, specifically because of its support for SRS and Bluetooth headset functions.

Sent using Tapatalk