I read somewhere that if I root my phone I can use HDMI cable for TV out.

raniat

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I was reading online about HTC inspire and I saw someone posted something about watching MP4 videos downloaded in his phone on TV through micro USB to HDMI cable ,,, is that true did anyone try it???????

Last edited:

PunkAce#AC

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I have been searching through different user forums and development forums for an answer to this same question. I have an HTC Inspire HD rooted running the latest version of CyanogenMod 7. I did this mainly to be able to use Wiimotes to play Snes emulators on my phone, but now i want to take it that extra step and play on a big screen. Most tend to mistake the Micro HDMI to regular HDMI cable for a Micro USB to regular HDMI cable, which is a reasonable mistake considering how small and similar micro USB and mirco HDMI sex-parts are. ^^
I think it is possible, but i haven't been able to find a clear/helpful video or how-to on doing it for the Inspire. If anyone out there knows which wire is compatible and which applications you need to run in order to make our dreams come true, would you please let us know!?

(side note, now that ive rooted and flashed CyanogenMod7, the bluetooth now recognizes Wiimotes and PS3 controllers; would it be possible to stream what i'm emulating to a TV via Bluetooth and eliminate the need for a wire?)

PunkAce#AC

May 28, 2011
Visit site
The phone does not have HDMI-out capabilities. The phone does not have the hardware for it.

Ahh good to know its a hardware deficiency and not just a lack of software, thank you. Is there any option to get the phone to broadcast to the tv through any other method? (quality isnt a big issue for me, just wanna be able to play snes and nes emulators with bluetooth remotes on a big screen)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon