Bluetooth question

sadievan

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
My husband is thinking of getting an HTC Inspire. It's between that and an iphone 3GS.

On my 3GS when I press the button on my Bluetooth headset, i can say call 'name of contact' and it will say calling 'name of contact'. If there are multiple choices it will say 'mutliple choices, mobile or home' or something similar. Does the Inspire work the same way. At the ATT store the rep said it doesn't have voice activated dialing natively. That you would have to open an app and use that to voice dial.

Hope I am expaining myself clearly enough.

Thanks,
Carol

anon(4144202)

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
On my inspire I have the sound id Bluetooth headset and if u hold the talk button the headset it does activate the voice dial. However, I still have to pick the phone up to say " call contact name" for some reason I can't speak into the headset itself. Idk if this is a inspire issue, or android issue.

djsmom

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
My husband is thinking of getting an HTC Inspire. It's between that and an iphone 3GS.

On my 3GS when I press the button on my Bluetooth headset, i can say call 'name of contact' and it will say calling 'name of contact'. If there are multiple choices it will say 'mutliple choices, mobile or home' or something similar. Does the Inspire work the same way. At the ATT store the rep said it doesn't have voice activated dialing natively. That you would have to open an app and use that to voice dial.

Hope I am expaining myself clearly enough.

Thanks,
Carol

Not sure what the AT&T rep is talking about. I have a Motorola Bluetooth headset. I paired it on day one, hit the little talk button and said call (insert name) on mobile, and it worked. Sometimes (more often than not) the voicedialer gets the mane of the person wrong, but unfortunately I haven't found a phone that gets it right most of the time anyway. If you have multiple numbers for a contact and you don't specify, it will ask you , home, work mobile, etc.

The other nice feature about the phone is that you can create shortcuts for contacts on one of you home screens, for each phone number or for texting. It eliminates the need to search for a contact in the dialer if you call them often.

sadievan

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what the AT&T rep is talking about. I have a Motorola Bluetooth headset. I paired it on day one, hit the little talk button and said call (insert name) on mobile, and it worked. Sometimes (more often than not) the voicedialer gets the mane of the person wrong, but unfortunately I haven't found a phone that gets it right most of the time anyway. If you have multiple numbers for a contact and you don't specify, it will ask you , home, work mobile, etc.

The other nice feature about the phone is that you can create shortcuts for contacts on one of you home screens, for each phone number or for texting. It eliminates the need to search for a contact in the dialer if you call them often.

We went today to look at the phone again. He brought his bluetooth with him and tried it. It performs exactly as you said. Thank you. That is a nice feature with the shortcuts for your contacts. I think he is pretty set on getting the Inspire. It really seams like a nice phone. His concerns were:

1. the bluetooth voice dialing.
2. ringtone volume being low.
3. high data usage.
4. battery life.

He also tried out some of the ringtones and they were not as bad as he thought they would be.

Thanks for the help.
Carol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke