Ive done some forum searching and haven't been able to find an answer to my question.

I've downloaded Swype and installed using the side load wonder machine. I've also downloaded Swift Key, Talk Back, Vlingo, and A.I.type.

When I go into Language & Keyboard I put a check next to the keyboard I want to use; however once I go to compose a text or e-mail I'm left with standard HTC keyboard.

My question is once I've selected which keyboard I actually want to use via the Language & Keyboard portion of settings, how do I make it appear on screen?
    04-11-2011 11:01 AM
    Hold your finger down on the text section. It will say input method. Choose which keyboard you want to use.

I prefer swift key. I even used swype for about a month and still wouldn't go back. The more you use it the better it gets.

I downloaded A.I. type from the market because it is new and I don't like it. The auto correct isn't very good (typed dorry instead of sorry and it didn't fix it.) and it has to be connected to the internet for the prediction to work.
    04-11-2011 11:12 AM
    Thank you for the quick response. I actually found the response on XDA forum right before you responded.

I don't like A.I.type either. The keys are way too small for my liking.

Vlingo actually has a pretty nice keyboard. It looks pretty similar to the stock android keyboard.
    04-11-2011 11:20 AM
    search stevin lin in the market, he ported the gingerbread keyboard, its the best/fastest/most responsive ive used, it also doesnt correct last names like the stock HTC keyboard does... and its free
    04-11-2011 02:54 PM
    I tried A.I. today & while I love the Gingerbread look, the text prediction takes forever compared to the other selections.

Right now I'm using the stock keyboard. It seems to fit my needs.
    04-11-2011 03:51 PM
    search stevin lin in the market, he ported the gingerbread keyboard, its the best/fastest/most responsive ive used, it also doesnt correct last names like the stock HTC keyboard does... and its free
    I have tried this and honestly swift key still beats it. After you use it for awhile it will auto complete whole sentences for you by just pressing the space bar.

Now my goodnight, i love you routine with the g/f is memorized and as easy as tapping space a couple times.

Though I do not know if this is a good thing or bad thing, more than likely a bad thing if she figured out
    04-11-2011 07:38 PM
    I actually did not like swift key that much and i don't want to pay for it.

The gingerbread keyboard i liked alot though. The only thing that bothered me was when i opened up the arrow keys it made the keyboard take up most of the screen even in portrait mode.
    04-12-2011 12:36 PM
    I use SlideIT. Keyboard is amazing. I even tried going back to stock and it was horrible. Spelling words wrong and whatnot. I will not use anything other than SlideIT.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G
    04-12-2011 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD