Strange Location in Default Weather App

mandar_h

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Today I'm seeing some strange text in the "Location" of my default Weather App on Inspire 4G.

Weather_strange_location.png

I observed that this is happening only when I'm connected to my home WiFi. When I turn off WiFi, it is fine.

Other (Weather Bug Elite) app shows correct location:

weatherbug.png

Any suggestions?

Thanks

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
That's weird that looks like arabic or some other middle-eastern script. Have you altered your phone recently? Was that happening before the update?

adammcgovern

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
try turning off all locations, delete it from your homescreen....turn locations back on and then restore it to your homescreen. should work

wthurstn

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
So I sort of have a reason for this happening. I work at Best Buy and I spoke with the HTC representative in my store. He says that HTC is updating its servers and you may experience strange locations or more generalized locations as of recently. I am having the same issue. I hope they figure this out soon!

mandar_h

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I tried many different things like removing the widget from home screen... changing the location settings... but it didn't help.

Only when I turn off Wifi, it is fine.

Also I didn't receive the Update yet. Probably I'll wait for the update and see if that solves this issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca