Hello everyone, my 1st post, gotta couple questions regarding the update and speeds

piczon1983

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
This is my first post so sorry if im sounding like a newbie. Switched over from iphone and never looked back since. I love this inspire!! Couple questions though, Ive downloaded the updated and installed it. My mobile network still says HSDPA. Should it be saying HSUPA? Also, ive never done a speed test ever before, so i did one last night after the update. Heres what I got,

download - 2893 kbps
upload - 1328 kbps
ping - 211 ms

Are these good numbers? Im clueless on how to read speed tests lol

dyne2199

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
This is my first post so sorry if im sounding like a newbie. Switched over from iphone and never looked back since. I love this inspire!! Couple questions though, Ive downloaded the updated and installed it. My mobile network still says HSDPA. Should it be saying HSUPA? Also, ive never done a speed test ever before, so i did one last night after the update. Heres what I got,

download - 2893 kbps
upload - 1328 kbps
ping - 211 ms

Are these good numbers? Im clueless on how to read speed tests lol

Yes, those are good numbers if you're in an area that doesn't have enhanced backhaul up and running. If you're in an area where HSPA+ has been deployed with enhanced backhaul, those numbers would be weak. Before your update, your upload speeds would have been capped at around 300kbps. I've been rooted since shortly after picking up the Inspire and I use a cooked version of the stock ROM with HSUPA enabled in my build.prop settings and these are the types of speeds I've been pulling for about the past 2 months, (see my attachments. also, the higher speeds are from home while the slower speeds are from work). When you get enhanced backhaul, you should see those speeds vastly improve. FYI, we don't have any type of 4G here in the Cincinnati area yet.

Reactions: piczon1983

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678