Help! Inspire 4G OTA Update won't work!

bullsnike

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
So I received a message that my update was available this morning. I tapped on the update now box and was connected to my wifi at home. The phone shut down and proceeded to reboot, however now it goes to a screen with the android icon and an exclamation point in a triangle. When I go into clockwork recovery to try and install the update manually, it comes up that the signature check fails. I tried disabling the signature check and the update tries to install then aborts (status 7). Has anyone else run into this problem? How do I get this to work without having to completely wipe my phone data? If that's the rout I have to go I will, just don't want to lose everything again.

My phone is rooted also.

Thanks!

Hypnopottamus

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, as of right now, the official update will not work on rooted phones. If you go to the xda developer forums, there is a version of the update for rooted phones floating around. That's probably the best route for you to take.

shansmi

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
No... That is the solution. You cannot update ota or RUU once rooted. You have to unroot first or flash to a GB rooted rom...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463