I can't pair a Bluetooth Keyboard....

jasonsjwou

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm having difficulty pairing my bluetooth keyboard with HTC inspire.

HTC Inspire finds BT Keyboard. When I click "pair with this device", it ask to enter a code. (Usually the phone should tell me some series of numbers to enter on the keyboard) I tried 0000, 1234, but doesn't work. There were no default code that came with BT keyboard.

The bluetooth keyboard itself works fine. It pairs fine with iPhone 3GS and BT-enabled laptop without any difficulty. It searches then finds it, ask me to enter these 8-digit code through the BT keyboard and it's done. So the problem lies with the phone (Hardware and/or Software issue? I purchased it on 4/20 and OS version 2.2.1)

I searched a dozen places... no concrete answer. Some say it's HTC problem, some say it's Android OS. Am I doing something wrong?

jasonsjwou

May 2, 2011
Visit site
OK found out that I have to type "0000" on the phone and "0000" on the BT keyboard..

Now I'm getting "paired but not connected" message.

Is this an android OS issue or HTC issue?

jasonsjwou

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Any suggestions on the "bluetooth keyboard app"

I guess Android is still bit behind... I would have thought BT keyboard connectivity would be such a common thing that advanced device such as android phone should do it ny default without any difficulty.

MgnAngel

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I kind of had this problem when I tried pairing my inspire with a Jabra bluetooth, what seemed to work for me is make sure the phone is "Discoverable" than tap the Bluetooth item you wanna connect too.

hope this helps! :D

bigstar3

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
The only thing that has allowed me to connect BT HID devices is using CM mods. They did something special to make it work. All 3rd party apps will not connect my mini BT device.

adamgram

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Created an account just to say this because I was shocked and offended at how hard it was to figure out how to do this.

When pairing the keyboard with your device, it will prompt you to enter a pin and say "try 0000 or 1234." You need to:
Step 1) enter "0000" on your android device (tablet or phone keyboard)
Step 2) hit "okay"
Step 3) type "0000" and hit enter on your BLUETOOTH keyboard

dmtelford

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
My phone is an Acer Liquid with android 2.2 and I would like connect a bluetooth keyboard. The solution at the moment seems to be to dump the phone but keep the keyboard. Android seems a problem in that it cannot be upgraded on the phone. The phone recognised a bluetooth keyboard is there but when I try to pair the phone askes me to enter 0000 or 1234 and they fail to pair. My colleague has a newer phone and the phone system generates an eight digit number that is typed on the keyboard to complete the pairing. Is there a solution or do I need to dump the phone as a heap of *****?

George Xristodoulou

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
the android version 2.2, 2.3 won't generate to passphrase for you to type it on the keyboard for correct pairing and connection. Android 4, 4.2 etc, will do that just like a windows machine when you select the option "Let windows choose a passphrase"

There was a solution to this problem but i haven't tried it yet. I will try it out and keep you posted.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11