Applanet Install Blocked

ATT.Fan1982

May 3, 2011
Visit site
A co-worker of mine with an android evo 4g told me about this applanet market place that allows you to get paid apps for free. I tried to install this on my android inspire and it keeps telling me "Install Blocked: for security, your phone is set to block installation not obtained from Android market." Is anyone else familiar with this? How do I fix this issue? Do I have to root my inspire? I'm a newbie to android and not too comfortable doing that as of yet.

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
A co-worker of mine with an android evo 4g told me about this applanet market place that allows you to get paid apps for free. I tried to install this on my android inspire and it keeps telling me "Install Blocked: for security, your phone is set to block installation not obtained from Android market." Is anyone else familiar with this? How do I fix this issue? Do I have to root my inspire? I'm a newbie to android and not too comfortable doing that as of yet.

No, you don't have to be rooted. You have to use the same technique that is discussed in another part of this forum. I'll give you the link, but give you a little background first. To install it or the Amazon Appstore, you have to "sideload" it onto your device. The link below will be your source of information on sideload using the Sideload Wonder Machine, or SWM. To install any app you download, it'll have to be sideload as well. You'll have to find the .apk on your SD Card in your .Android folder. If you have any other questions or concerns, don't hesitate to post it where we can help you.

Here's the link:
http://forum.androidcentral.com/android-sideload-wonder-machine/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22