New to HTC and Android

Hawks21

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I got rid of my iphone 4 and this is my first time using android and a HTC product and I was wondering what apps or widgets do you recommend I get on the phone because I don't have much installed on it. Also is there any way I can change the lockscreen so i dont have to pull it down to unlock the phone without rooting the phone.

anon(4144202)

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Use widget locker for the lockscreen. As far as apps and widgets I just read these forums and youtube and googles some apps and widgets. When u download most apps from the market some of them come with their own widgets such as facebook, espn, cnn, etc.

Reactions: Hawks21

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I like widget locker although I don't use it anymore. Once you get done with the sense ui I would check out go launcher ex. It's a great ui launcher alternative with more customization. Plus they have a ton of apps widgets and themes to go with it that are all customizable. Go sms pro is great with it. Better than the stock messaging app. Look up go Dev team in the market and see all there apps. All free too! I also use beautiful weather widget and pure news widget.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G

rocketry876

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Alot of apps come with the phone, like facebook, youtube, googe, twitter etc.

These are what I use: EVERY APP LISTED IS FREE
Entertainment
tv.com (free, you can watch all kinds of full length movies, ranging from CSI to Chopped to Undercover Boss)
angry birds (free, awesomest)
papi jump

Tools
ColorNote (i tried evernote but it was too complex for me. simple app that lets you take notes on your phone. you can choose from a normal note or a to-do list. you can lock specific notes, and even put litle widget notes on your home screen)

will update as I get more time

tallal565

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
some apps that i use on a dialy basis.

3g watchdog for watching your data usage
andy83 - a ti-83 calculator emulator
battery widget for icon of battery level
chrome to phone sends websites from chrome to phone
blow up game
color note notepad
documents to go pro word and powerpoint
drop box file syncing software
fruit ninja game
handcent for sms and mms
mobile lookout for finding my phone
bank of american app
speed test
weatherbug elite for weather
widgetsoid which creates a bar of toggles

rocketry876

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I just use the HTCsense.com website. It's.free and you find your phone, see where its located, and make the phone ring even when its turned off. I prefer not to use all those other apps