3rd Party Update 5/16/2011

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
What really sux is that if you click "Check for updates", it locks you out of checking again for 24 hours. I can check again in 12h 47min and counting. As far as I know, no one on the XDA Inspire forums has received the update either.

badst33l

May 14, 2011
Visit site
What really sux is that if you click "Check for updates", it locks you out of checking again for 24 hours. I can check again in 12h 47min and counting. As far as I know, no one on the XDA Inspire forums has received the update either.

Agreed, they should change it to at least every 6 hours.

shift_louie

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Manually change the date one day ahead. That tricks the system to believe 24 hours have passed. Check for update again.

I still haven't received the update here in Houston yet.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I dont think there is a such thing as an update until I see a screenshot of an inspire with the update I am probably going to be skeptic

mrbro0ks

May 12, 2011
Visit site
I've tried "Check for updates" a few times now and I repeatedly get the error Service Unavailable, any advice? The Inspire is my first android so any advice or work arounds are appreciated.

nbaylinson

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Manually change the date one day ahead. That tricks the system to believe 24 hours have passed. Check for update again.

I still haven't received the update here in Houston yet.

Just tried that little trick and still nothing outside Philly. lame. I want my free Amazon apps!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

shift_louie

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I restarted my phone and I got the update last night without any kind of notification or having to do anything to check for updates. Restart your phone then go to settings> applications and see if "Unknown Sources" is listed.

Reactions: raver_returns

raver_returns

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I restarted my phone and I got the update last night without any kind of notification or having to do anything to check for updates. Restart your phone then go to settings> applications and see if "Unknown Sources" is listed.

Not yet for me (DFW, Texas), but thanks for the confirmation that it is underway. I was considering alternative methods, but I can be patient until i get mine. :cool:

danlib21

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

I didn't even restart my phone, I randomly checked and there it was! I guess its some kind of automatic download update.

iancull

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
My phone also has "unknown sources" now. I don't think there was any update - I suspect it was more like a flag or code transmitted to the phone, to trigger activation of existing hidden option.
Perhaps that's why some phones like Inspire get it soon, now, while other phones need to wait for a true update.

Jakethasnake

May 1, 2011
Visit site
i still havent gotten mine. its may 17th 8 oclock and night and still nothing. i have been watiing for this update all day yesterday and today so far. its taking forever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1