Dropped my Captivate last night & shattered the whole screen, while in the Otterbox so i went to AT&T today and picked up the Inspire....after getting over the size and weight difference i can say that i am in love with this phone. It's my first time EVER having an HTC phone, and after playing with it for like 6 hours now i have yet to find one thing i don't like. even though i'm mad about the $200 loss with my Captivate im super glad i chose this phone.
    homescrub likes this.
    05-18-2011 05:10 PM
    Great phone indeed, I just wish AT&T was as good...
    05-18-2011 06:10 PM
    after playing with it for like 6 hours now i have yet to find one thing i don't like.
    Except for the fact that your battery is probably dead.
    05-18-2011 08:00 PM
    When I had my captivate I ran launcher pro to get that HTC feel... With the inspire I love it out the box! Even though I miss the super amoled screen the inspire isn't bad. I think its a great phone also.
    05-18-2011 09:15 PM
    you get a thanks from me.
    05-18-2011 10:04 PM
    You ended up with a better phone! ;-)

Sent from my Inspire 4G
    05-18-2011 10:13 PM
    I'm happy to see this thread. I came from the Captivate as well a week ago, and this also my first experience with HTC. I have to say i really like this phone so far. I think my fav feature is the vibration..I can actually feel it when in my purse! Had to have the Cappy in my hand to know if it's vibrating or not.
    The battery life is less than desirable, and from what i've read it's not as easy to root as the Captivate. But I think its a solid built piece of equipment. But having said that, I have been wondering though if this is a good choice for the long haul, or should I get the Infuse. Any thoughts on this?

thanks in advance
    05-19-2011 03:47 PM
    If you like the phone the way it is, there is no reason to hold for another phone. Remember, that new phone you are waiting for will be great, but you will again ask, should I wait for the next great phone? There is no end to it...
    05-19-2011 04:25 PM
    If you like the phone the way it is, there is no reason to hold for another phone. Remember, that new phone you are waiting for will be great, but you will again ask, should I wait for the next great phone? There is no end to it...
    You are so right! I'm very content with this phone. I guess I need to stay off of forums where the next best thing is always beening showcased and discussed
    05-20-2011 10:17 AM
    The HTC Inspire 4G is my first smartphone and I am loving it!

I don't change phones easily as long as they are meeting my needs and I was very reluctent to give up my W810i, loved that phone. But it was finally time to switch to a smartphone. The one thing I knew was that I didn't want the iphone! After everything I read about the android phones, I was sold.

I have been having so much fun with this phone. Battery life does get better or so it has seemed to me. At first you are just on it all the time getting things setup the way you want them and discovering what all it will do.....I find something new every day.
    05-22-2011 08:38 PM
    Dropped my Captivate last night & shattered the whole screen, while in the Otterbox
    What the hell did you drop it off? I find it hard to believe a simple drop shattered gorilla glass while in an otterbox case.

Anyways I tried the Captivate before and returned it. Just wasnt for me, I love the Inspire though
    05-23-2011 07:35 PM
    What the hell did you drop it off?
    it fell off of my bunk bed in my dorm room onto the tile floor, after bouncing off the metal file cabinet that is my night stand.
    05-23-2011 10:28 PM
    this is a good choice for the long haul, or should I get the Infuse. Any thoughts on this?
    personally the Infuse is way to big for me, I love love love Samsung phones but that is just to much to put into my pocket or carry easily in my hand.
    05-23-2011 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD