Inspire 4G listed as Desire HD on Marketplace

deeteroderdas

May 19, 2011
Visit site
My apologies is this has been addressed; I did a quick search of the forum, but nothing turned up.

Just replaced my iPhone 3GS for an Inspire 4G. Really loving it. When I saw that it was one of the devices with Netflix for Android I went to download it. No joy. When I log in to Android Marketplace and look at my account, it says my device is an HTC Desire HD, and there doesn't seem to be a way of changing that.

Does anyone know why my Inspire registered itself as a Desire on AM? And, how to get it changed? Thanks!

Mitch

dylan808

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
The Inspire is pretty much the United States version of the UK's Desire HD. Why they didn't bother to change the device name, I'm not sure. But downloads should be able to work from the online market place to your device as long as u are logged in to your Google account.

Also the inspire wasn't apart of the initial Netflix release. Only the Incredible, Evo, G2, Nexus S, and Nexus One are the only device able to use Netflix without rooting so far. Which may explain why the app was now downloading to your device

deeteroderdas

May 19, 2011
Visit site
The Inspire is pretty much the United States version of the UK's Desire HD. Why they didn't bother to change the device name, I'm not sure. But downloads should be able to work from the online market place to your device as long as u are logged in to your Google account.

Also the inspire wasn't apart of the initial Netflix release. Only the Incredible, Evo, G2, Nexus S, and Nexus One are the only device able to use Netflix without rooting so far. Which may explain why the app was now downloading to your device

Crap. I read Incredible and my mind said Inspire. Thanks for pointing that out; I'll leave quietly ;^\

The Misfit is Here

May 5, 2011
Visit site
The Desire HD is the unlocked/non-carrier version of the Inspire, so that's why its reading that way. I don't think you need to change anything cause the Netflix app isn't available for the Inspire/Desire HD yet anyway.

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
yeah, it sux that they are testing each device individually. they said it has something to do with DMA, or whatever it is.