Well I just tested:
-Before changing the APN and got the "Contact AT&T" prompt
-Changed the APN and rebooted and no "Contact AT&T" prompt

Software number: 1.84.502.11

Last edited:

smokinHawk

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't quite understand your answer. Are you saying you had to reboot so you could change the apn?
Then you got it to work?
So did you get the teathering to work?

Thanks.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I had a tethering question and I was not sure where to ask it so i will ask it here so I dont make a whole nother thread.....

if i "Tether" Using my Inspire (it is not rooted) how will that affect my ATT bill since I have the 2GB a month thing?

I currently have Time Warner and the bill is kinda high...so I was wondering if I should give tethering a try....(i pay like 100 a month for Time Warner and I would like to get rid of this expense)

and I only use the web to browse news, sports articles, bank statements online etc.... I dont really download stuff... what do you guys think?

smokinHawk

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
If you stay within your 2gb allowance it won't change. If you go over they will rape you
That's what I did. Cancelled my cable internet and just tether from my phone $80 saved a month.
I have unlimited but haven't been using much data lately.

So anyone know the answer to my question or could you try it please.

smokinHawk

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm not rooted nor do I have an app. Check my link on how to get it without an app. Then if you updated please try it out and see if it still works. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech