Hey guys, so I've rooted my HTC inspire and have flashed all different roms. I am currently running the rxmix hd rom (Android 2.3/sense 2.1) I just want different ideas to spice up my phone. Whether its apps for rooted phones, a fancy rom, or any other fun hacks. I want to know the full capacity of my devise. I just want to try fun new things for simple entertainment.
    Thanks for any recommendations.
    05-21-2011 02:19 AM
    I have not rooted yet but I am thinking about this RCmix. I need the internet pass through (reverse tether)

[ROM][May 20]RCMix3D KINGDOM v1.0 Evolutionary Sense! THE ORIGINAL SENSE 3.0 DHD - xda-developers

Everyone at work swears by this one Cyagogen
    [ROM] CyanogenMod 7.0.3-Release 2.3.3 Gingerbread + CM 7.1.0RC0 GB 2.3.4 - xda-developers
    05-21-2011 10:31 AM
    Very nice, fancy UI and great performance--dilligaf 2.0
    [rom/kernel]*d.i.l.l.i.g.a.f* v2.0-rom/kernel 4/4/11 OC 1.8ghz/UV - xda-developers
    You'll love the battery meter, UI animations, stability, and performance. Not GB, though.

Stable, fast, GB, tweakable--LeeDrOiD
    [ROM] LeeDrOiD 4G v2.2.3 [Kernel] LeeDrOiD v2.2.9 | 7th April >>>> EPIC <<<< - xda-developers
    05-21-2011 11:21 AM
    What is GB?
    05-21-2011 11:48 AM
    It means gingerbread.
    Thors Gal likes this.
    05-21-2011 11:54 AM
    Ahh I should have guessed that.
    05-21-2011 11:58 AM
    Which root did you use? I am really thinking about doing this today. Root virgin so I am a bit scared...
    05-21-2011 11:59 AM
    Here are links to help you with easy rooting
    1st:
    [DEV][GUI][RC2][GPL][3-21-2011] HTC Inspire 4G Simple One Click - xda-developers
    2nd:

The first link will lead you to download of the rooting tool you will be using.
    The second link is a youtube tutorial to help you. it's pretty easy, hope it helps.
    05-21-2011 09:29 PM
    If you are not ENG-off, and you should not be and would not be accidentally, you should not worry about bricking your phone. It is not easy to do by installing a rom/rooting. Also, you need help, pm me. I can walk you though ROM Manager nandroid backups and stuff.
    Thors Gal likes this.
    05-21-2011 09:35 PM
    Hi,
    Thanks for the offer I wish I had seen this yesterday. I have been reading posts for 3 weeks or more thinking about rooting my phone. Yesterday I downloaded the HACK_Kit from XDA and I loaded Leedroid. The effen manual was quite scary but when I saw the dos window I was ok with it. I wish he had a few screen shots and a few more clearly worded sentences so I knew when I was supposed to input rather than wait for the phone to do it. But I got through it fine and my phone seems fine.

I am looking for themes and I don't understand how to load them in. I did not see them in Clockwork mod when I looked for them on the root of my sd card. I did see the zip for the quietly rooted splash screen but I could not load it. I expect I might have to mount the partition. I saw that after I tried. I did do a back up before I started. Also I love the R2d2 noise. Can I find that as a ring tone for my text messages?

Thanks,
    Thors Gal
    05-22-2011 01:40 PM