So how would you back up the apps that you buy or even the free ones. I see you can back to SD card I have not tried anything yet. And does anyone known how you can view your apps or any contact that you have on it? From your phone
    05-23-2011 09:43 PM
    Apps are kept synchronized with your Google account. They download to your phone after any new wipe. From another android device to new android device, it is recommended you update your device in your market settings. Not all apps are synced but paid apps are.
    05-23-2011 09:46 PM
    ok didnt know if there were a program like itunes where holds all you apps
    05-24-2011 05:06 AM
    Nope. Everything is server side.

If you decide to root your phone as well, you can back up your apps using programs like Titanium Back up Pro.
    05-24-2011 08:57 AM
    If you're rooted, Titanium Backup works great. If you are backing up your apps prior to flashing a new ROM, do not back up system data. If you do that and restore it on the new ROM it will mess stuff up. So choose backup all user apps and when you are going to restore them on the new ROM choose restore all apps with data and you'll be fine.
    05-24-2011 12:14 PM
    cool thanks friends... because I was thinking about it but was not sure how I would do so. Soooooo... can I move the apps to my sd card and save them on my pc, and then if later I want to use them again, I can do that or not.. Also is there an app to view on my sd card cause I see that you can go into settings and click on sd settings but I can see whats on.
    05-24-2011 04:53 PM
    cool thanks friends... because I was thinking about it but was not sure how I would do so. Soooooo... can I move the apps to my sd card and save them on my pc, and then if later I want to use them again, I can do that or not.. Also is there an app to view on my sd card cause I see that you can go into settings and click on sd settings but I can see whats on.
    I'm not sure about saving them to a computer. I would guess you can't. I've never tried. Spend a couple of bucks and buy root explorer from the market. You will be glad you did. You can view everythign on the sd card and on the OS itself in case you need to move things around. Whenever you use it though you have to click to mount as r/w. That will allow you to move things around.
    05-25-2011 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD