06-02-2011 05:55 PM
41 12
tools
    So whats good out there in the market to use these days.. I have some productivity apps. But Im new to the market. Just would like to know what are some apps that other user are using or found very useful. From games to tools, widgets, music, pic etc..thanks friends.
    05-24-2011 05:33 PM
    A few good apps that make your phone run nicer are... Astro file manager, advanced app killer, and app2sd. All 3 of those things reallyhelp out my phone.
    05-24-2011 06:09 PM
    You're not supposed to use app killers with Froyo (or Gingerbread). I've seen loads of people having problems with their phones because of them. You've been warned.

I use Elixer. Great source of info on your phones status, and customizable widgets for toggling ringer, wifi, bt, etc.
    05-24-2011 08:03 PM
    You're not supposed to use app killers with Froyo (or Gingerbread). I've seen loads of people having problems with their phones because of them. You've been warned.

I use Elixer. Great source of info on your phones status, and customizable widgets for toggling ringer, wifi, bt, etc.
    what is wrong with the advance app killer..Im using it now and so far so good im not seeing any issues and is there something better for killing apps?
    05-24-2011 08:10 PM
    I like wifi analyzer and accompanying wifi manager as I use wifi almost exclusively. This allows me to open wifi and scan networks from a front page app instead of navigating through the settings.
    05-24-2011 08:15 PM
    That's cool cause I want something that I can start my WiFi anywhere on my phone rather then going to my settings also.does.anyone use any AntiVirus apps
    05-24-2011 09:00 PM
    I like Norton Antivirus. Its free, fast, and does a good job. also it releases updates often so the threat database is up to date.

angry birds
    the HTC battery widget (its a little battery icon that just takes up one app space and shows the exact percentage left. find it in HTC Hub)
    Free Music Download (lets you download free full length songs. fast)
    Shazam (unlimited tagging through december!)
    words with friends (called words free in market)
    TV.com (free app that lets you watch full lenght tv shows, like csi, ncis, undercover boss, and way more) pretty fast also
    ColorNote (evernote was way too complex for me)
    05-24-2011 11:29 PM
    This is why you should'nt use task killers. They kill tasks that need to be running. Android auto kills apps when needed, espicially in Froyo and later versions.

FAQ: Why You Shouldn’t Be Using a Task Killer with Android
    05-24-2011 11:33 PM
    You don't need a freakin' antivirus app on your phone. Come on.
    05-25-2011 12:41 AM
    I'm going to check out Elixir, that one looks nice! I've been using widgetsoid and have liked it, but I like the look of the Elixir icons and the info it gives. And it's free, which is always nice!

I've recently become a huge fan of the GO apps. Go Launcher, Go SMS Pro, Go Weather, and Go Calendar I think are the ones I use. At the very least, get the Go SMS Pro and Go Weather. Those apps rock!

I also use LookOut which helps protect the phone from harmful apps (the reason you would want antivirus is because android is considered open source software, and anyone can make apps... and some apps can be dangerous which is why Google has yanked some off the market). It also has a backup feature and a locator feature.

I've also recently started using Netcounter to keep track of my data usage. Tracks both Wifi as well as Cell data.

FriendCaster is also an app I won't do with out. Use it instead of the official Facebook app. It's more stable and more user friendly.

I'm going to be following this thread as well. I'm an app junkie.
    05-25-2011 01:13 AM
    [QUOTE=rocketry876;940021]This is why you should'nt use task killers. They kill tasks that need to be running. Android auto kills apps when needed, espicially in Froyo and later versions.

[url=http://geekfor.me/faq/you-shouldnt-be-using-a-task-killer-with-android/]FAQ: Why You Shouldn
    05-25-2011 01:25 AM
    hey thanks nicoleW. I will check out some of the stuff you talked about. Also if I come across anything I'll post something back. Another question. Lets say you want to create a folder and rename it how do you do that..When I had my iphone I was able to drag an app over each other and it will create a folder so I had all my games in a folder, my tools, productivity apps all in their own folder with out being all over the screen. Was wanting to do something like that.
    05-25-2011 05:42 AM
    hey thanks nicoleW. I will check out some of the stuff you talked about. Also if I come across anything I'll post something back. Another question. Lets say you want to create a folder and rename it how do you do that..When I had my iphone I was able to drag an app over each other and it will create a folder so I had all my games in a folder, my tools, productivity apps all in their own folder with out being all over the screen. Was wanting to do something like that.
    If you go into the Personalize screen, there is an option for folders. I had used that but something was causing the icons to not display properly. I downloaded Apps Organizer. It works a lot like the stock folders, but is much nicer.
    05-25-2011 08:34 AM
    Root explorer is an extremely useful app when you're rooted.
    05-25-2011 09:48 AM
    cool..what about if you want to watch videos like netflix i know its not out yet for the inspire cant wait until it does but why not hulu?
    05-25-2011 09:52 AM
    Also how could you take a snap shot of your phone
    05-25-2011 01:05 PM
    The video question you had, I have no idea. i don't stream videos to my phone.

You can take a screen shot with Shoot Me in the Market. You have to be rooted to use it though. Not too sure about any other apps for that.
    05-25-2011 01:27 PM
    cool still getting used to this phone so fare im really liking it just somethings I miss on the iphone but over all very happy..just looking for some fun apps or useful apps to use
    05-25-2011 03:22 PM
    also what if you want to see how much data/cache your phone has or using is there something to clean all that up? besides going into settings and clearing cache/history/data?
    05-25-2011 06:10 PM
    I had Poynt on my old Blackberry, so I've added it to my Inspire - a handy little app for looking up businesses, restaurants, phone numbers. Can be really nice if you travel much.

Others I know with Android phones on other carriers talked me into installing Swype, and now that AT&T allows 3rd party installed apps, it's even easier to install. A real timesaver for all your data entry for texts or anything else.

I've also installed ScoreMobile for when I'm on the go and can't sit down to watch a game, I can quickly check in to see how my team is doing.
    05-25-2011 08:48 PM
    I don't currently use any antivirus software...I tried Norton and it worked fast, now I just install it about every month and a half or so just for a quick scan. for the locator and backup features I just use HTC Sense (www.htcsense.com).
    05-25-2011 10:33 PM
    You dont have to be rooted...see here
    http://www.androidcentral.com/taking...s-without-root
    05-25-2011 10:35 PM
    cool I think I will intsall swype..But Im having issues you guys may have seen around I went into software update and click the htc wifi update and their was one but I try to install it and just went to a black screen with the android guy and a triangle with the exclamation mark. Had to do a battery pull. So I was thinking about un rooting and getting the update and root again. Anyone have a link for Unrooting..
    05-26-2011 05:30 AM
    https://docs.google.com/document/pub...yf8_5HfDwrvn6M

Download and run bubby323’s S-ON tool from here: S-ON_Tool.exe
    Download and run the stock RUU from here:
    RUU_Ace_Cingular_US_1.80.502.3_Radio_12.39.60.19_26.06.04.06_M_release_166557_signed.exe - download now for free. File sharing. Software file sharing. Free file hosting. File upload. FileFactory.com

Make sure you run the S-On tool first, as the tool requires root permissions. Once complete, you should have a phone that is completely stock, just like when you pulled it out of the box for the first time. You WILL lose all of your data that is not backed up.
    Simba501 likes this.
    05-27-2011 03:00 PM
    yeah I got it all fix and once I was able to unroot I did the update and it worked prefect.. A member on here he has thread this is where I got the info http://forum.androidcentral.com/insp...se-unroot.html

And it was easy..
    05-27-2011 04:21 PM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD