Htc Inspire sideload update!!!!

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
They called back. The xdm tool is down today but she said she did help a guy do this yesterday for his inspire. She said i can call back tomorow to see if its up or just wait for her to call back :(

Shamanic Enzan

May 26, 2011
Visit site
They called back. The xdm tool is down today but she said she did help a guy do this yesterday for his inspire. She said i can call back tomorow to see if its up or just wait for her to call back :(

I'm on chat right now. Last update "We are getting close. I am working with someone else on this. Thanks for your patience."

So glad it's summer vacation.

EDIT: "It appears that the system used to do this with is having problems. I am working with several other people to see if anyone can gain access to it. " I got a dedicated one folks. Will keep you all posted.

Last edited:

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I was waiting with her while she chatted with a person with access for 45mins. It ended with "its down" lol. Hope u have better luck. Wish i called yesterday

Shamanic Enzan

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I was waiting with her while she chatted with a person with access for 45mins. It ended with "its down" lol. Hope u have better luck. Wish i called yesterday

For verification (My name redacted):

"Lance: Thank you. It appears that the system used to do this with is having problems. I am working with several other people to see if anyone can gain access to it. Thanks again for all your patience.
Enzan: Alright, no problem
Lance: I have checked with many people and all are unable to gain access to the system right now. However, I will continue to work on this and once we are able to access the system and push the update to your phone, I will send you a confirmation text message letting you know it is done.
Enzan: Alright, does anyone have any idea when that will be?
Lance: No, not right now. No one is able to get into it. We are thinking it is a temporary system problem hopefully. I apologize for the inconvenience. However, is there anything else I can help with today?
Enzan: That's about it, is there a reference number I can have incase I contact ATT again if it hasn't shown up in a week?
Enzan: or should I just wait for the text
Lance: No reference number was generated for this. However, If you do not receive a text message within a few hours, then please contact us back at your convenience. I will leave notes on your account about this. We are open until 1 AM.
Enzan: Thank you sir have a good day then"

TLDR: SYSTEM IS DOWN, UPDATE PROCESS IS ON HOLD FOR NOW.

EDIT: Got my lovely "We fixed it!" text.

Spoiler, they didn't fix it.

Last edited:

lilme08

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
i was on hold for a supervisor due to the run around, so i hung up and the sup called back and pushed it through for me. now i have downloaded amazon app store and i do not know what else to do...but i am excited

Shamanic Enzan

May 26, 2011
Visit site
i was on hold for a supervisor due to the run around, so i hung up and the sup called back and pushed it through for me. now i have downloaded amazon app store and i do not know what else to do...but i am excited

What this guy said, they got the server back up, it may take a while from when they say they sent it for it to appear on your end.

Hawks21

May 9, 2011
Visit site
So are they still trying to get it out to all of the phones that don't have it or do you have to call in if you want it now? This update is such a mess.

Hawks21

May 9, 2011
Visit site
HTC proved a little more helpful.

Dial *#*#2432546#*#*

Your dialer WILL close, you should get a notification that "check in succeeded"

Try checking for updates then.

Do this BEFORE you check for updates sinc eyou can only check once a day

Note: I couldn't check it because, wouldn't you know it, I checked for updates already.

Wait so I don't have to talk to anybody I just dial that number and it sends the update to me?

Shamanic Enzan

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So are they still trying to get it out to all of the phones that don't have it or do you have to call in if you want it now? This update is such a mess.

I would suggest going on technical support web chat and ask for the OTA update for 3rd Party/Unknown Sources Applications. Calling them is asking to be talked down to by someone reading a screen. I think they're still trying to figure out what to do...GB is gonna be a clusterf-

Wait so I don't have to talk to anybody I just dial that number and it sends the update to me?
That's what HTC says but they're not in charge of the update. I had to keep badgering ATT. If it works, hey more points to it.

I just got a txt saying mondays a holiday so theyll get back to me tuesday. Fail...
Today is Thursday...

bman333

May 27, 2011
Visit site
new user to forum but have been reading for a week or two,

i called today got the run around sending me to every department they had because they had no clue what was going on, i finally requested to be sent to pmc got on the phone with someone who at least seemed interested in investigating it. while waiting for her superiors for more info she was googling and found this website and others and saw the pictures showing it does exist. i seemed to have found success and she told me she would call me back to tell me when to turn off my phone and turn it back on to see if it updated. we went through this and no success. she said she would call me back with more info in 15minutes. nearly 45minutes later i got a new person telling me to go to htc's website. i told him no and that it was through their department and that a "friend" had done this through them already. he then wanted to argue with me saying their was no such thing, but that he did know of a 3rd party update(dumb@ss) i told him that is it, and he told me to go to htc and download it. i then told him to check out this website and his response was for me to get him the name of the support person who has knowledge of where teh update is located in their system to be pushed forward....

i wish i would have stayed on the line with the lady at least it was positive. i hope the guy reads this, for one employee to tell me its there and being pushed through my phone and then another telling me it doesnt exist is horrible management.

acidro

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Well...I contacted AT&T's web chat support. The first time around a lady had no idea what I was talking about and basically gave me the run around. I put in another ticket and got a guy that knew what it was and had me hold for about 10 minutes and said he had sent the information to my phone. It's been about 5 minute since I got off the chat with him and I've had multiple "Complete setup" with an option 'Yes or No'...I obviously have pressed Yes every time but the Unknown Sources with a check box haven't appeared so I guess I'm just going to wait 30 minutes or so.

Juvonycool

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm the 1 who wrote the original post. It's amazing that all of u r going through all this crap to get the update. I originally called ATT after I had the update but lost it during a factory reset. They said there wasn't anything they could do about it, that I need to call HTC. HTC said I had to wait for the next update which would be a permanent fix but no idea when the update would be. So I went to an ATT store and spoke to a mgr who said he has the same ph and got the update only after he called and asked to speak to some1 in the Pmc dept and ask for the sideload update or Xdm. I did exactly that and after about 10 min the rep asked to verify I had it b4 we hung up and that was it. It was that easy. I kid u not.