Recovery troubles

fadetoblack2104

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying to root my phone and every time the phone hangs at the hboot screen. So today I manually entered recovery pressing vol down and power. I wanted to do a factory reset and try rooting again since I already have the OTA installed. Once in recovery I cannot navigate with the power buttons. I have to remove the battery to even restart the phone. Am I doing something wrong or is there a problem with the phone.

fadetoblack2104

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It works when I remove the sd card. Now how am I supposed to root the phone though? I have to have the sd card in to root and this is the screen that it hangs on.

Four-Fifty-X

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
It works when I remove the sd card. Now how am I supposed to root the phone though? I have to have the sd card in to root and this is the screen that it hangs on.
The first thing I would try is getting rid of all *.zip files in the root. See if you can go into hboot then. If you can, you likely have a bad zip file. Get a fresh copy. If that does not work, copy everything off the card and format it. Then put everything back.

Do you have s-off?

fadetoblack2104

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
BTW, how are you trying to root? Are you trying to downgrade via hboot?

I have used both The Ace Hack Kit and Bubbys one click GUI. I cannot get either one to work. With the ace hack kit v11a during downgrade the phone freezes at a black screen with an HTC logo. Using v11b it freezes at the hboot screen where it is supposed to be checking the file for reboot (from what I understand). Using bubbys method it also freezes at the hboot screen.

fadetoblack2104

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084