I'm haveing an odd problem.
    I can connect to the internet through wifi at home, at friends homes and at restarunts, coffee shops, etc. In fact, everywhere I've tried to connect to the internet except at work. I work in a hospital that provides a free, public wifi network. I am able to connect to the wifi network, I can go to the market place with no problems but cannot connect to the internet. I do get a pop-up box saying that the phone cannot connect but I do not remember the specific wording.
    Any idea why I can access the marketplace but cannot log onto the internet on this one network.
    For whatever it's worth, there is minimal to zero cell signal but get the full "fan" from the wifi.
    06-08-2011 10:07 PM
    Does opening the browser take you to a page where you have to put a guest password in? I know that's how it is at my work, and at a hospital I was at recently. It will connect to wifi without a password, but won't let you browse without going through that guest page. Even better, have you contacted your IT department?
    06-09-2011 08:52 AM
    Thanks for the reply.
    No, I get no guest log-in screen and do not believe this hospital has it set-up that way. I have been in others that do but not with this phone yet.
    I'm coming off an I-Phone 3G and it would access the internet there w/o issue and i do not remember a guest log-in for that.
    Good suggestion on asking IT and I will do that to see if they have a history on this problem.

Any other thoughts on what may be my problem, anyone???
    06-09-2011 10:05 AM
    That does sound puzzling. Do you have any other internet-driven apps, such as social media (twitter or facebook), or the google search window or youtube you could try to see if those work for you? Otherwise, I might try installing a different browser just to see if the same problem occurs with the non-native browser.
    06-09-2011 09:59 PM
    Hmmm, I'll have to check to see if FB will load/refresh and I'll try youtube as well.

As I said, I'm coming off an I-Phone so I don't always think of things like being able to load a different browser so thanks for that suggestion. Do you reccomend any particular browser?
    06-10-2011 09:01 AM
    I was inside a hospital several days this week with a friend. Several wifi networks showed as available on my Inspire. I used a public one that doesn't require a password. My weather would NEVER update on that wifi network. I did receive 'n' send pop email. Can't recall whether or not I attempted to access a website, but I doubt that I did. I think that particular wifi network limits the bandwidth available to users . . . but I'm not certain that was the reason my weather wouldn't update.
    06-10-2011 12:30 PM
    If the public wifi is to slow sometimes only certain application will work. Ive been to many public wifi and sometimes this happens when their are too many people trying to access the internet. Your situation may differ but this is from experience.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    06-11-2011 09:03 PM
    I know this was a long time ago but it may be that there was a proxy in place? Did it get sorted?

Posted via Android Central App
    09-07-2013 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD