MMS not working

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So Factory/Hard reset completely wipes fone as if you first got it?

Does it get rid of "unknown sources" check box?

Suprtrukr425

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Have any of you done the unknown sources trick from XDA? If so this is a side effect, the only known way to fix it is hard reset. Hard reset will return the phone to how it was when it came out of the box unless you have rooted, in witch case it will return the phone to the original state of the custom rom.

fiercekitty

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Before you go thru all the trouble of a reset, I would call 611. Many times when ppl can't use mms a simple fix of taking the data off and putting it right back on does the trick. That's first thing we do when u bring into store w this prob.

BenjaSands

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
i

I did the "install non market apps" exploit that ruins the MMS... and I pretty much gave up the ability to send MMS to have the "install non market apps" or whatever option since to date I had still not got it on my phone from ATT.....

Now...I am getting a little frustrated that nothing seems to work and I am going to get a new phone if I am going to have to do a factory reset to fix the MMS anyway and lose everything

:'(

homescrub

Mar 1, 2011
twitter.com
Have any of you done the unknown sources trick from XDA? If so this is a side effect, the only known way to fix it is hard reset. Hard reset will return the phone to how it was when it came out of the box unless you have rooted, in witch case it will return the phone to the original state of the custom rom.

yes. there is a thread on this.

many are aware of the issue and the mods don't care to close the thread or fix the link so that people do not go to original XDA thread.

It broke my MMS, So I just did a hard reset. meh, had most of my data backed up anyway.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I force closed stock message app and fc my gosms and mms started working again. Didnt habe to hard reset ...