Occasionally not getting messages

raver_returns

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
So about a week ago I realized that I wasn't getting any sms or mms messages on my phone at all. Only realized it when I got a call from my brother wondering why i never answered what he was asking me. So I restarted the phone and all was fine -- until the next time. I never did get the messages that I was sent to begin with, though. Apparently this has happened to me several times as I'm told I've missed quite a few messages. So, I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if anything was done to solve it, other than make sure to reboot the phone every day or so.

Edit: One more thing, I can send messages at the time and the people do get them. I'm just not having mine show up that's sent to me.

Last edited:

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
While I have not heard of your issue before, both my wife with an htc inspire and my friend who is a verizon customer with an htc thunderbolt have been experiencing the same sms/mms issue of freezing or very sluggish response multiple times a day. The only thing they appear to have in common is their usage seems to be on the maximum end.

I set my wife's phone to delete old messages and that seems to have helped the issue but not solve it.

From what I have read the sms/mms system is working at its limits these days which is part of the reason the ios5 iphone will feature imessage in the fall.

raver_returns

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
While I have not heard of your issue before, both my wife with an htc inspire and my friend who is a verizon customer with an htc thunderbolt have been experiencing the same sms/mms issue of freezing or very sluggish response multiple times a day. The only thing they appear to have in common is their usage seems to be on the maximum end.

I set my wife's phone to delete old messages and that seems to have helped the issue but not solve it.

From what I have read the sms/mms system is working at its limits these days which is part of the reason the ios5 iphone will feature imessage in the fall.
Well, I only send/receive maybe 100 messages a month. As for the system being backed up, it makes sense for not getting messages. But why would I start getting them again after rebooting if that's the cause?

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiousity, are you running the facebook app or friendstream on your phone?

I think these run partly off of your sms system and storage.

My wife and verizon friend (as mentioned before) both use the facebook app continuously.

I do not use facebook or friendstream and I have not encountered the issue at all.

raver_returns

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Out of curiousity, are you running the facebook app or friendstream on your phone?

I think these run partly off of your sms system and storage.

My wife and verizon friend (as mentioned before) both use the facebook app continuously.

I do not use facebook or friendstream and I have not encountered the issue at all.

I don't use Friendstream at all, but i do use the Facebook App only occasionally. Just for when I open them to check when I've got a message relayed to me by email. I don't use any kind of social widget at all.