My myAT&T app is broken

DealsDice2

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
A few days ago I started having issues with the myAT&T app that lets you check your bill/usage. The application will open, but then I get the box with the spinning circle. Sometimes I can get to the main menu, but when I click on "usage details" I get the spinning circle and it eventually times out.

Anyone else having this issue? I thought maybe I could re-install the app, but it doesn't look like that is possible.

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same issue since last Wed (6/22). I brought up the issue in my most recent webchat with ATT (which was mainly about the sideload update) and the tech had no idea why it was not operating. She tried a few things from her end which involved me powering the phone down and back up again, but nothing has changed.

Able to log in but session either times out or returns "service temp unavailable" message

As far as I know, there is no way to reinstall the stock apps or reset them without a hard reset.

A workaround of course is to access your account through your browser.

My stock news app has never worked because of the email I used to set it up. It does not allow me to enter an alternate address and I cannot reset it.

It would be nice if att had a way to re-install individual stocks apps

DealsDice2

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
AT&T: You are having trouble using an application on your device, correct?

Me: correct

AT&T: I'll be more than happy to assist you with that.

AT&T: While I bring up this information would you like me to e-mail it to you for future reference?

ME: not really... I thought maybe that the issue with the "myAT&T" application was only with my device, but it seems that others may be having the same problem

AT&T: How many signal bars do you show on the device?

ME: currently show 2, but I've had this issue for about a week, at numerous locations that I've tried to access the app. Also currently on wifi

AT&T: And do you show 3G E or H+ anywhere near there?

AT&T: Please turn off Wi-Fi.

ME: wifi off

ME: H+

AT&T: Can I have you try to get to AT&T on the device?

ME: "thanks for choosing AT&T. You have successfully..."

AT&T: Go ahead and try your application again and tell me if it works.

ME: app loads up.... can see login screen

ME: but get box that pops up with spinning circle

AT&T: Does it let you get in?

ME: on occasion it will, but then when I try to access one of the 4 menu choices (mainly to check data usage), I get nothing but a box with a spinning circle

ME: the app is currently greyed out because the box popped up with the spinning circle

AT&T: I would suggest deleting the application and then re-downloading it to see if that affects it.

ME: it is an AT&T stock application

AT&T: However, if you say that others are having the same issues it may be the site itself that is having the problems.

ME: you cannot delete stock apps

AT&T: Right, you should still be able to delete it.

ME: part of all the bloatware that is on the phone that AT&T doesn't let you delete

ME: it's actually a useful app to check my account

AT&T: Then we would need to perform a master reset of the device to see if that corrects the issue.

ME: lol, then I lose all my data

AT&T: It would erase everything on the device, yes.

replied that I wasn't prepared to do a master reset because of this issue at this time and ended the chat.

Last edited:

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Nice. Perhaps if I lose functionality on one more stock app then I will have the incentive to do hard reset and start from scratch.

Just for yucks I went to the market to see if att offered any other apps for acct maint, and it does allow you to uninstall the last update. I did that and then reinstalled, but the app still does not function.

It would appear based on all the one star reviews and accompanying words that the latest update broke the app.

Do not let them convince you to do a factory reset -- it will not fix the app. They broke it, only a new update will fix it.

Well played deals.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
What version are you running? Have you tried uninstalling the updates and then reupdating? What about clearing data for the app in the main settings menu?

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I tried it my phone before I posted and it worked fine. It still could be a server issue in your area. Unable to access and timing out is often a server side issue.

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I tried it my phone before I posted and it worked fine. It still could be a server issue in your area. Unable to access and timing out is often a server side issue.

Most likely you are right. I'm am now across town from my home and able to access everything. Probably related to why it took four days and two chat requests to get my side load update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463