Is the inspire getting to become only "Midrange"

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
with all the talk of dual core, I was just getting disappointed that the inspire might now be considered midrange, I know the new snapdragon is amazing, but how do you look at the phone now?

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I have it along side my 3d evo as a work phone and that thing is still a beast as well. Not to the level of my 3d, but still a worthy choice from att giving both the contract and out right pricing on it.

Sent from my 3D EVOlution

ednygma

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
It is fast enough for me and at the end of the day, that is all that I care about.

The bottom line is that each consumer has to make that call for themselves. I don't have to have the latest and greatest to be satisfied or excited about my phone but if that is what a consumer wants/needs (and nothing wrong with that) then, by all means, go for the gusto.

Good luck in whatever you choose.

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
with all the talk of dual core, I was just getting disappointed that the inspire might now be considered midrange, I know the new snapdragon is amazing, but how do you look at the phone now?

Absolutely not. Dual core is a while off from being the standard imo. The Inspire still has more RAM (makes or breaks a phone for me) than the newly released Infuse (512mb) and the same amount as the newly released dual core Sensation (768mb), which some claim doesn't show the speed that one would expect. Dual core isn't even completely optimized and there aren't significant performance differences yet (aside from the GSII, which has universally been deemed a beast). I think the Inspire will be solid for a while.

repligator

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Agree with simba, the ram is great. Just as much ram as the htc thunderbolt also. Gingerbread will come eventually. Still the best att model imo.

Htc makes a great device--second only to apple at user interface but without the privilege of living in the Jobverse.

Of course, this may all change in the next 15 minutes.

clintrojan

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I am rooted and running MIUI rom which overclocks the CPU to 1.5ghz I believe.

The inspire is a beast. Best phone on AT&T in my opinion. I really like the infuse but the less RAM really hurts it.

Since I flashed MIUI, I love my inspire that much more. Some people don't like it, but I love it. Better than Cyanogen in my opinion. MIUI integrates everything so smoothly. The stock MIUI apps are all really good, and the theme editor is really nice.

Simba501

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site

The inspire is a beast. Best phone on AT&T in my opinion. I really like the infuse but the less RAM really hurts it.

Since I flashed MIUI, I love my inspire that much more. Some people don't like it, but I love it. Better than Cyanogen in my opinion. MIUI integrates everything so smoothly. The stock MIUI apps are all really good, and the theme editor is really nice.

+1, I tried the Infuse and loved it. But the amount of RAM is abysmal imo. I've found that 512 isn't enough for me. It's enough to run everything I have set up (i.e., running services), but once I get into anything memory intensive (downloading from a browser, for example), it starts getting pretty low for me. Had to come back to the Inspire.

The Infuse is closer to midrange than the Inspire, imo (even with the 1.2ghz cpu). I'm currently overclocked to 1.2, so that actually negates that particular advantage. Though the screen is AMAZING (on the Infuse). Wish those displays were on every Android (*drools*, one can dream :)).

Last edited:

TheCrazy88

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I rooted and flashed RCMix kingdom 3d sense 3.0 and overclocked at 1.7 and this phone flies. My buddy thought I had the sensation untill he took a better look at the phone. After looking at video of the EVO 3d and the sensation I can say that the inspire overclocked can definitely compete. Running the inspire stock I thought was better than the Matrix when I tryed them both out at the store. So imo I think the inspire is in no way midrange.

Duvi

Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
Sold my Inspire because I got the Nexus S 4G and 3D. Heck, I still have my Atrix 4G that I need to sell.

I love getting the latest gadgets.

RoboWarrior

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I have. Inspire and it definiately shouldn't be called midrange by any standards. While watching flash content compared to other phone this phone flies. The specs are better than a g4 mac notebook!!! I'm running leedroid with sense 3.0. Coredroid hogs too much resources, miui's market app has some issues, and cm7 was extremely unstable. If you a dual-core I recommend you to get a tablet because a phone is a phone.

Bushido Brown

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site

+1 for MIUI. Awesome software. Its probably the only reason I prefer the Inspire over the Atrix.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams