My inspire is suddenly faster. Philadelphia / south Jersey area.

Coreyj73

May 31, 2011
Visit site
This morning when I woke up I noticed I got to sideload update. And now this morning I noticed that my phone is suddenly faster I was getting about 1.57 megabytes per second download now I'm getting 3.7

Nophix

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: My inspire is suddenly faster. Philadelphia / south Jersey ar

Were you missing the update that enabled HSPA+?

Jalarm

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
ATT actually could've added towers to your area or did something to improve you areas location.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site

They may have completed some of the backhaul in your area. I know there is still a lot of it to be done, but they seem to be enabling it as they go.

Pete777

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

I live in a suburb just north of Orlando, FL and pinging a server in Cocoa, FL (approx. 45 miles to the southeast). On Wifi I get 1.4 Mbps down and 957Kbps up. I turned off my Wifi and using Hsdpa pinging the same server I got 5.7 Mbps down and 1.2 Mbps up! BIG difference!

And a buddy at work with a Thunderbolt on Verizon was bragging about his speeds on the LTE network. These are pretty darn close to his. I'll have to show him the results next time.

myoo2182

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

I was searching the forums to see if anyone had posted "4G" speeds in the Philadelphia area on AT&T HSPA+ network and came across this thread. I know its a late and probably useless reply but for work I am demoing a Droid Bionic on Verizon LTE. I average 12MBPS down and with full signal I hit 26MBPS down. My personal phone is on AT&T but man Verizon is impressive. That being said I am still going to go with the Samsung Galaxy S2 for AT&T and hope that enhanced backhaul is coming soon in my area. I am hoping to hit constant 3-6mbps on HSPA.