Cant decide between the G2 and the note 3

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Cool beans, congrats!

from my '14 Note 10.1

.......and the wait begins. I had to go ahead and return my Note 3 this morning because the store could not order a white G2. When at&t says "web only" they mean it. Not even a company owned store can order one!! So I returned the Note to the store and ordered the g2 online. Next week I will be receiving 2 packages. A white g2 and an Incipio gray Feather Case. After that I'll pretty much be set:)

ps: it's a good thing I still have my Note 1 to hold me over until the g2 arrives.

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I went to AT&T and played with both yesterday. I was impressed with both. Having an S3 now I am used to everything on the Note but the s-pen stuff. I still don't know if I would use it enough and the thing is huge. I keep my phone in my front pocket all the time. That's a lot of phone. If I stay on. Sprint I think it will be the G2. If I switch to AT&T I still don't know.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

hawonjung

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I like note 3 better. G2 skin makes the phone much slower and knock off of much hated touch wiz.

Note 3 works much better in my opinion.

Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's really a personal preference. Both are great devices and offer something different, hardware and software wise. I'm sure you'll enjoy that G2 when you get it.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app

dsx968

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
Two things that I don't like about the G2 are no expandable storage and the USB isn't 3.0 like on the Note.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Two things that I don't like about the G2 are no expandable storage and the USB isn't 3.0 like on the Note.

The Note 3's expandable memory is nice too because you can move apps to the SD card which is nice.

from my '14 Note 10.1

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a note 3 and I'm getting rid of it. I'm torn between the G2 or nexus 5. I don't use the s-pen at all and there are tons of gimmicky features that work 1 out of 10 times. I think the g2 size is perfect but that's just me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk now Free

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a note 3 and I'm getting rid of it. I'm torn between the G2 or nexus 5. I don't use the s-pen at all and there are tons of gimmicky features that work 1 out of 10 times. I think the g2 size is perfect but that's just me.

The snag I've run into is that if I don't use Action Memo for a while then Air Command won't launch it. If I launch it manually, though, then I can close it and launch it with Air Command repeatedly just fine. I don't know if that's because I'm using Nova launcher. Not a deal killer, as I have a dock shortcut that works consistently flawlessly, but certainly a bug of sorts.

from my '14 Note 10.1

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site

I returned my black note 3 Saturday morning. My white G2 will be here Tuesday!!! I didn't have a problem with the size of the note but I agree, the G2 is alot of phone in a smaller package.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I looked again at the Optimus G Pro. It still looks like a nice phone and I wouldn't mind having it but I'm still happy with my Note 3.

from my '14 Note 10.1

Last edited:

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I have both but will be returning one. I have had the note 1 & 2 in the past. I like the note but I find myself constantly hitting the wrong thing on the screen with the 3 when trying to use the capacitive buttons. It has to do with the size. The phone also has a bunch of gimmicky features. The s pen is cool but nothing I ever use.

The g2 is the exact size I find I can use one handed. Anything over 5.2 and I'm kidding myself if I think the phone is usable one handed. Yes I have big hands. That is not the problem.

The camera on the g2 is probably better because of the optical stabilization. I like the volume down shortcut on the g2 to quickly get to three camera.

I like the g2's lack of buttons on the sides. Double tapping to turn the phone on and off is a great idea and works really well. It does limit the usefulness of third party launchers because none implement a double tap to simulate the power button although I find the built in launcher really good.

Both have similar or identical battery life (awesome).

My $0.2

Steven

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I sold my Note 3 and now have a G2, which I love. The performance is just flawless. Even smoother than the already good Note 3. The screen is gorgeous and, to me, its just the right size. I also have a Nexus 5 but am slowly finding that I prefer the G2 slightly more. Its just so nice that we're finally at a stage with these two devices where everything is just great. It's about time. Really.

G2

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I sold my Note 3 and now have a G2, which I love. The performance is just flawless. Even smoother than the already good Note 3. The screen is gorgeous and, to me, its just the right size. I also have a Nexus 5 but am slowly finding that I prefer the G2 slightly more. Its just so nice that we're finally at a stage with these two devices where everything is just great. It's about time. Really.

G2

I couldn't agree more. I paid 299 for the Note 3. Returned it after one week and ordered a white G2 for 199. Since then the price of the G2 has dropped $100 and at&t has given me a $100 credit. I like the G2 better than the Note 3 and now I've only paid $99 for the G2. I'm a very happy camper!

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I like note 3 better. G2 skin makes the phone much slower and knock off of much hated touch wiz.

Note 3 works much better in my opinion.

Sent from my Lumia using Tapatalk

All of that was opinion. My opinion is opposite. Coming from TW to LG was so nice. LG ui adds so much to the phone.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site

I love android but at the end of the day android and all the skins by the manufacturers are copies of iPhone. I don't think that what LG did is a copy of what Samsung did. They are all copies and variations of what Google started. In my mind the biggest joke is this idea that Samsung is creating anything original. They are the least creative in the UI department of all the manufacturers.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think the Note 3 makes more sense if you just have one device. As I've said before, if you have more than one device it's nice to have a smaller device (<=5") for on the go and a larger device (7+") for chilling with at home. I don't mind walking around with a Note 3 on a belt clip when I'm out and about but some might. I carry my Nexus 5 or G2 when I'm out and use my G Pad when I want to spread things out. If I could only have one device, though, it'd be a Note. A Note 3.

G Pad 8.3

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I think the Note 3 makes more sense if you just have one device. As I've said before, if you have more than one device it's nice to have a smaller device (<=5") for on the go and a larger device (7+") for chilling with at home. I don't mind walking around with a Note 3 on a belt clip when I'm out and about but some might. I carry my Nexus 5 or G2 when I'm out and use my G Pad when I want to spread things out. If I could only have one device, though, it'd be a Note. A Note 3.

G Pad 8.3

How's the brightness on your G Pad??

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app