WiFi tether for AT&T-LG G2

busa2006

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I'm curious as to why nobody haven't nailed this down so that tethering is possible without the native hotspot app..I know the Verizon model is able to do so..If anyone know of a solution please point me in that direction..It may be a deal breaker of me keeping this phone

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk now Free

Dinith Athukorala

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
1. Download SQLite Editor
2. Open the file - /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
3. There's a field named 'tether_entitlement_check_state'. Original value s set to 5. Changed it to 0 and save
4. Reboot the phone
5. Enjoy tethering. :)

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Well in that case, why would wouldn't people just use the native hotspot app? Just curious.

I don't understand the question.
The sql update allows people to use the native app. But to think that AT&T can't figure it out is silly.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

rekkid

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Dont mean to thread jack, but I'm looking at upgrading to the G2...

Is tethering not available at all? with any apps or in the settings (without editing the DB)? Is it ATT cracking down on unauthorized tethering? I have the HTC 8x and use tethering... we have a Mobile Share plan that has free tethering.

Not a major deal breaker... my wife tethers from her iPhone most of the time... but there have been times where I've needed it on my phone and it's very handy to have.

Thanks!

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Dont mean to thread jack, but I'm looking at upgrading to the G2...

Is tethering not available at all? with any apps or in the settings (without editing the DB)? Is it ATT cracking down on unauthorized tethering? I have the HTC 8x and use tethering... we have a Mobile Share plan that has free tethering.

Not a major deal breaker... my wife tethers from her iPhone most of the time... but there have been times where I've needed it on my phone and it's very handy to have.

Thanks!

Sure it's available. Buy a plan that includes it.

Otherwise do the sql thing above and have free tethering until AT&T gets wise to you.

My point above was just because you can turn it on at the phone doesn't mean that they don't know you did.

rekkid

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
Sure it's available. Buy a plan that includes it.

Otherwise do the sql thing above and have free tethering until AT&T gets wise to you.

My point above was just because you can turn it on at the phone doesn't mean that they don't know you did.

No thanks for clarifying it... I did a quick search around and it wasnt clear if it was available... we have tethering on our accounts, so it should be good. With it being free on contract now... it's tempting. but with the rumor mill ramping up, might be worth it to wait and see what is coming out. :)

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
No thanks for clarifying it... I did a quick search around and it wasnt clear if it was available... we have tethering on our accounts, so it should be good. With it being free on contract now... it's tempting. but with the rumor mill ramping up, might be worth it to wait and see what is coming out. :)

Yeah, this time a year it's always hard to know whether to wait or jump on a good deal.

MWC is coming up so a lot of good stuff will be announced.

TAFFY1881

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
AT&T lg g2 lollipop 5.0.2 on data base setting.db; desnt work.
show ... "this database is currently locked by another process. Try again in a moment or two"
this Method works before on KitKat.
:-[

vaago2k

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi
I tried the following on my LG G2 AT&T D800 and it worked. my WiFi tether works now as expected. thanks so much, I'm excited, you are my guru.
2. Open the file - /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db
3. There's a field named 'tether_entitlement_check_state'. Original value s set to 5. Changed it to 0 and save
4. Reboot the phone
5. Enjoy tethering.

vaago2k

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
4. Reboot the phone
5. Enjoy tethering. :)

Dinith Athukorala, you are my guru. you made life easy for me today. thanks very much. keeep up the good job.