AT&T Closing out G2's?

androidg2

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's closing out. Part of me think it's selling fine. I got mine this Thursday for $100 and got the LG Tone+ for $35. It might because of that great deal. It didn't show in stock anywhere online, but in store they had plenty. They had a black and white model in the AT&T store to look at that I went to. Maybe certain areas AT&T knows the phone will sell while other areas it won't so they don't carry much stock or at all.

Shawn Magm

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Even though all stores show out of stock (when you check on-line), my local ATT store had one (white only), and Best Buy had some inventory.
But I ended up ordering online from ATT with no problem (got the early upgrade fee waived).

How did you do that? I'm still over a year away from my upgrade?

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
How did you do that? I'm still over a year away from my upgrade?

I called AT&T and waited to speak to someone. I've been with AT&T for a long time and just asked if they would give me an "early upgrade". (I wasn't due for an upgrade until middle February.) She said that she would have to check with her supervisor. After being on hold for about 5 minutes she came back to me and said it was approved. I ordered the phone from her for $149 (and renewed my 2 year contract), had it shipped to my house, and brought it to the AT&T for them to activate.
And then when I read on AC that the price dropped to $99 (6 days later), I called back AT&T and said that I saw a price drop and asked for a credit. They then issued a $50 credit to my account!

Just_Some_Nobody

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Displayed prominently in AT&T Insider magazine. I doubt they would do that if they were not going to continue to carry it.

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.

khnoah02

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Re: AT&T Closing out G2's?

Does anyone has any additional information on the G2? I am still in the 14 day "Buyer's Remorse" period. I had to switch carriers, had the phone with T-Mobile for 10 days and due to coverage had to switch to AT&T. Now having battery issues I did not have with the AT&T version. I just switched the phone out and saw it is being offered for $50 bucks after I just paid $149.00. Sounds like the price of a discontinued phone?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, meant did not have battery issues with the T-Mobile version, but now having with the AT&T

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site

Does anyone has any additional information on the G2? I am still in the 14 day "Buyer's Remorse" period. I had to switch carriers, had the phone with T-Mobile for 10 days and due to coverage had to switch to AT&T. Now having battery issues I did not have with the AT&T version. I just switched the phone out and saw it is being offered for $50 bucks after I just paid $149.00. Sounds like the price of a discontinued phone?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, meant did not have battery issues with the T-Mobile version, but now having with the AT&T

Yeah. I kind of have the feeling att is dumping this.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Where are they advertising $49 for the G2? On their site? I just got the G2 a few days ago for $99 upgrade... could use the credit :)

As far as my few days with the G2... very happy with the phone! I was using a Nexus 4 the last year and happy with it, was going to N5 but not happy with the choice of battery in it and the reviews of marginally better battery life than the N4... which after a year did not really care for. I've only had to charge the phone twice... A day and a half with the first charge and that included a lot of configuration and coming up on two days with moderate to light use... that's with a 800 processor and a 5.2" screen! Very impressed.

When I get a new phone and learning my way around, I usually like to factory reset afterwards and start configuring my phone... maybe resetting the phone and just getting a clean start would be a good baseline for you.

also maybe depends how good your signal is so that the radio doesnt have to work as hard? I get good LTE service at home with about 10+Mbps and at work I get about 30-40+Mbps average.

- - - Updated - - -

phxpaul

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Web prices for G2: AT&T $49.99 Sprint $99.99 Verizon $149.99

Maybe its just the time of year that the prices start dropping? The AT&T online store has almost everything on sale. Even the Moto X is $49.99

I'm looking at switching to the G2 from the iPhone 5. I've read mostly positive comments on many different sites, plus watched for about an hour many YouTube reviews.
I did not find any mention of battery drain issues until I found this forum.

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Web prices for G2: AT&T $49.99 Sprint $99.99 Verizon $149.99

Maybe its just the time of year that the prices start dropping? The AT&T online store has almost everything on sale. Even the Moto X is $49.99

I'm looking at switching to the G2 from the iPhone 5. I've read mostly positive comments on many different sites, plus watched for about an hour many YouTube reviews.
I did not find any mention of battery drain issues until I found this forum.

correct me if I'm wrong but I think it's only att that has the issue because of iq thing

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I don't think it's closing out. Part of me think it's selling fine. I got mine this Thursday for $100 and got the LG Tone+ for $35. It might because of that great deal. It didn't show in stock anywhere online, but in store they had plenty. They had a black and white model in the AT&T store to look at that I went to. Maybe certain areas AT&T knows the phone will sell while other areas it won't so they don't carry much stock or at all.

I think they might be closing out, It has gone from $200 to $25 (or $50) really fast, it should have dropped this fast, look at Galaxy S4, they still want $120 to $150 for that device on contract.
Look at Note 3, AT&T still asks for $300 with contract. I don't know what AT&T is thinking, or maybe this is coming to them at a really low cost to compete against Nexus 5, or some other weird reason, but for this kind of specs (probably the best battery among any devices, and best process for the size) this device should not be given away for $25. Of course we are paying through the nose per month and LTE coverage in NYC sucks, but I guess it is similar with most carriers, and same if you got the $300 Note 3. I really hope they don't abandon this device.

Thanks for pointing that out. It is definitely $99 on line. I just called AT&T and I received a $50 credit. :D

I just ordered mine though retention dept, got it for $25 with 2yr extension. Keep in mind, I have been out of contact for nearly 3 years, and I never bothered them for any discounts/etc.
AT&T rocks!! They gave me another $75 credit so now I paid 99 for my white G2!!
See above. :) It is $50 online right now.

phxpaul

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Well, I'm planning on an early upgrade. I talked to a clerk in Portland. The price he quoted was around 450 but he said they could buy back my old iphone for 325. I was planning on doing this this coming Friday 11/22. It will be interesting to see if the early upgrade price has changed as well.