AT&T LG G2 Knock On/Off Feature: Will knock on but will never knock off

Yasmina Perocevic

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
I just received my LG G2 yesterday and I'm quite please with it after my last disaster of a phone. One of the many reasons why I decided to purchase it was for the knock on/off feature. The thing is, I noticed my phone will always knock on, but will NEVER knock off. I've tried everything. Double tapping the notification bar or on every empty area of the screen. I've tried tapping closer to the sensor and away from it. Nothing! I was just wondering if anyone has/had the same problem and could share some tips or tricks on how to conquer this issue. I just don't think this is a worthy enough reason for an exchange if there's some kind of solution out there. Thanks in advance!

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I just received my LG G2 yesterday and I'm quite please with it after my last disaster of a phone. One of the many reasons why I decided to purchase it was for the knock on/off feature. The thing is, I noticed my phone will always knock on, but will NEVER knock off. I've tried everything. Double tapping the notification bar or on every empty area of the screen. I've tried tapping closer to the sensor and away from it. Nothing! I was just wondering if anyone has/had the same problem and could share some tips or tricks on how to conquer this issue. I just don't think this is a worthy enough reason for an exchange if there's some kind of solution out there. Thanks in advance!

See this thread:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g2/330121-how-get-knock-work-100-a.html

jaj324

Banned
Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Download Turn off the Screen from the store. One tap and the screen is off. Works every time.

Sent from my LG-D800 using AC Forums mobile app

Nora Kaneswaran

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
The knock OFF feature works perfectly, I'm just having issues with the knock ON. It used to work just fine, but now it works when it feels like it. Can you help me fix it?

Angela Roberts30

May 29, 2014
Visit site
My LG G2 has the same issue right now. I do have a small crack on the left side of the screen but that has been there for a few months and the knock off feature still worked up until this morning. Does anyone know why?