2nd question:

Anyone knowing history about LG (LG g2), and/or, ATT, what are the chances of the g2 getting KitKat? I know that some carriers have leaks about it, but that isn't evidence that ATT will.

Thanks
    11-20-2013 07:14 AM
    The chances are pretty high but don't hold your breath...it's gonna be a while.
    11-20-2013 07:19 AM
    2nd question:

Anyone knowing history about LG (LG g2), and/or, ATT, what are the chances of the g2 getting KitKat? I know that some carriers have leaks about it, but that isn't evidence that ATT will.

Thanks
    Slim to none.
    11-20-2013 09:47 AM
    Can you say why? There are lots of forum people who say things without any explanation. So it's difficult, being new here, to believe some. Sorry!
    11-20-2013 11:44 AM
    There are lots of forum people who say things without any explanation. So it's difficult, being new here, to believe some. Sorry!
    Above was one of those not to believe
    He might be right, but no one can accurately speculate when/if this phone is getting an update (unless he works for LG).
    11-20-2013 12:00 PM
    I had a Nexus 5 for a hot minute...Kit Kat was not life altering.
    tsells and heading4tomorrow like this.
    11-20-2013 01:55 PM
    Can you say why? There are lots of forum people who say things without any explanation. So it's difficult, being new here, to believe some. Sorry!

------Reply to Your Inquiry-------

Dear Just_Some_Nobody,

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics,

We are more than happy to assist you. I apologize for any inconvenience that you are having with the phone. As of yet from your carrier we do not have information or a release date for the android 4.4 with the D800 . You are more than welcomed to stay in contact with our site www.lg.com and your carrier for any future updates or soon to come changes.

I hope this information is helpful.

It has been a pleasure assisting you today. At the bottom, you will be able to see a survey and score your experience with me. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again via Email, Live Chat or by calling 800-793-8896. Thank you very much for your kindness and patience. Please enjoy the rest of your day and I wish you the best!
    Respectfully,

Carl G.
    ----------------
    LG Customer Service
    Toll Free number: 1-800-793-8896

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.
    11-20-2013 02:49 PM
    I figure it'll come to my G2 when and if it comes. If it doesn't? That's fine. I didn't buy it for Kit Kat and I'm just fine with it having Jelly Bean. It's laser fast and highly competent. I'm happy with that.

G Pad 8.3
    tsells and adanick2 like this.
    11-20-2013 03:02 PM
    ------Reply to Your Inquiry-------

Dear Just_Some_Nobody,

Thank you for contacting LG Electronics,

We are more than happy to assist you. I apologize for any inconvenience that you are having with the phone. As of yet from your carrier we do not have information or a release date for the android 4.4 with the D800 . You are more than welcomed to stay in contact with our site LG Electronics: Consumer Electronics & Appliances from LG | LG USA and your carrier for any future updates or soon to come changes.

I hope this information is helpful.

It has been a pleasure assisting you today. At the bottom, you will be able to see a survey and score your experience with me. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us again via Email, Live Chat or by calling 800-793-8896. Thank you very much for your kindness and patience. Please enjoy the rest of your day and I wish you the best!
    Respectfully,

Carl G.
    ----------------
    LG Customer Service
    Toll Free number: 1-800-793-8896

Posted via Android Central App using an LG G2.
    I got the exact same response when I did a chat with them. C& P
    11-20-2013 03:36 PM
    I got the exact same response when I did a chat with them. C& P
    If the were going to update the G2 they would have made mention of it in the press by now. It would actually help drive sales and complement the current ad campaign. But because they aren't mentioning anything, I find it highly unlikely the G2 will see an update.
    11-20-2013 03:42 PM
    I figure it'll come to my G2 when and if it comes. If it doesn't? That's fine. I didn't buy it for Kit Kat and I'm just fine with it having Jelly Bean. It's laser fast and highly competent. I'm happy with that.

G Pad 8.3
    I like Google's "card" feature, and they are said to have greatly improved with KitKat! I guess you do have to drink the water to be able to know if it's something you like!

I do like the phone, and thats a fact, but I've also been burned by Samsung.
    11-20-2013 03:44 PM
    The G2 will get it. And LG will make the announcement but in the end it still is up to the carrier to release it. Best guess spring 2014. And that's pushing.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    11-20-2013 03:47 PM
    The G2 will get it. And LG will make the announcement but in the end it still is up to the carrier to release it. Best guess spring 2014. And that's pushing.

From all that I know (GigaOM), these (LG) make the phones to order, then they are owned by the carriers (ATT in this case). From there LG does nothing untill/unless ATT orders and pays for the update! Hopefully that puts things in perspective for you.
    11-20-2013 06:07 PM
    It's like that with all manufacturers. Carrier get update to test and add there bloat then certify for there networks.
    From all that I know (GigaOM), these (LG) make the phones to order, then they are owned by the carriers (ATT in this case). From there LG does nothing untill/unless ATT orders and pays for the update! Hopefully that puts things in perspective for you.

11-20-2013 07:47 PM
    If the were going to update the G2 they would have made mention of it in the press by now. It would actually help drive sales and complement the current ad campaign. But because they aren't mentioning anything, I find it highly unlikely the G2 will see an update.

they did... Android 4.4 KitKat release date: when can I get it? | News | TechRadar just the fact you seriously think a few month old phone wont get 4.4 is dumbfounding....? it may be a few months, but anyone who understands the update process understands its impossible to carry out updates like iphone simply due to the sheer number of variables. long story short it will most certainly come to this phone, probably early 1st quarter

furthermore, it's already out if your not afraid to root
    11-22-2013 01:03 PM
    they did... Android 4.4 KitKat release date: when can I get it? | News | TechRadar just the fact you seriously think a few month old phone wont get 4.4 is dumbfounding....? it may be a few months, but anyone who understands the update process understands its impossible to carry out updates like iphone simply due to the sheer number of variables. long story short it will most certainly come to this phone, probably early 1st quarter

furthermore, it's already out if your not afraid to root
    First of all, I completely understand what goes into getting a new release ready for distribution.
    Second, the URL you gave is a third party 'supposedly' quoting LG. That isn't LG saying anything at all.
    Thirdly, I don't care how old the phone is, until LG says they are updating it, then it's NOT getting updated.
    It's that simple.
    11-22-2013 04:48 PM
    Got the kitkat OTA update on my Nexus 4 yesterday after waiting a couple of days when the news came out of the OTA...
    kitkat 4.4 installed... looks and runs pretty much the same before the update except for a few visual queues... thrill over lol.

i definitely would like a kitkat update... just so that it is up to date with current software
    and that it will be compatible with app updates... from developers and google...
    if they included the rumored new camera that allowed pics in raw format, that would be interesting, but we dont even get the new google experience anyways.

but having the nexus 4 for the last year i've found software updates from google from 4.2 to 4.3 pretty boring.
    i don't think we will notice anything different on the G2 since we have G2 apps loaded like email, gallery, and use the LG UI so you're not going to have the new look of the icons from the kitkat UI.

with that said i will say i am still able to play with my nexus 4 with a loaner sim i have from work and i do like the new print feature and that my hp was already showing and ready to go without any set up.

G Pad 8.3
    dyons likes this.
    11-22-2013 08:03 PM