How do you pick a new launcher on the LG G2?

ks14

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I'm more familiar with stock android than I am this new phone I just got last week. There doesn't appear to be anywhere in the settings on this phone to select a new launcher. Now, when I download one and run it, it gives me the normal option of "run once" or "always run", but I'm afraid if I pick "always run" for the new launcher, I won't be able to get back to the stock one.

Am I missing something? Is there no setting I can get to in order to choose between launchers? I'm guessing I could probably just install a different launcher and at that point select "Home" again to get back to stock, but that just seems...silly.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
If you pick "Always" then want to go back:
Settings--> Apps--> "All" tab--> locate the App you've chosen for "Always"--> Clear Defaults
Then pressing "Home" will produce the pop-up again.

tsells

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Am I missing something? Is there no setting I can get to in order to choose between launchers? I'm guessing I could probably just install a different launcher and at that point select "Home" again to get back to stock, but that just seems...silly.

On the G2 they have added a nice feature to switch launchers. Go to Settings>HomeScreen>Select Home>Then choose your launcher.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
We need a launcher thread for G2 around here. Especially launchers that support some functions like knock on/off, shortcut swipe, custom menu buttons (I love LG's 4 button layout that includes a button for notifications, I don't have to reach up for notifications, brilliant) etc.. I read that Nova Prime (paid) includes stuff like Double Tap options.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000