Connect LG G2 to Silverado USB port

blkcheech

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I have the LG G2 and I would like to connect it to the USB port on my 2013 Chevy Silverado to play my music through the radio. First, when I connect it, it does not charge the phone at all, so I am curious as to why that is. More importantly the radio does not recognize the phone. My iPhone 5 worked no problem to charge and play music. In doing a little research, it seems that most Android phones have this issue with the built in USB connections on these radios. Has anyone found a way to get this to work on the G2? I read on another forum that there is a piece of software to turn on Mass Storage mode on the Samsung Galaxy S4, but according to the Play store, that app is not compatible with the G2. The stereo does have an aux in, so I can use the headphone output to get it to work, but I would prefer to control the music through the radio and hand controls in the truck if possible.

bespinct

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I recently rented a new Chevy and the USB port charged the phone, but the radio did not recognize the phone via USB. Blue tooth did work, and controls worked through the Radio display, including album art.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC