HELP PLEASE LG G2 stuck in cwm boot loop

jojo1090

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
that sucks hopefully you find something that works, I'm still looking around 2.... but I'm sure sooner or later somebody will have a solution

tutor772

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Android SDK | Android Developers
I downloaded and installed the ADT Bundle for Windows and then followed the directions from here to install:
What Is ADB And How To Install It With Android SDK
I'm sorry I can't help you more than what I posted earlier. I'm basically a nooby too, and stumbled around enough until something finally worked. Good luck, and keep us posted on what happens.

Where did you get the files to use ADB ? I tried googling but not sure which is genuine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tutor772

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

crazy elf

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded adb minimal with fastboot and tried pushing files. I could push files and even a complete stock rom zip and it accepted it and unzipped it and rebooted right back to twrp. I ended up getting my g2 replaced by at&t. Just don't let then know it's rooted. I went one step further and bricked my phone so it wouldn't boot back up.. just a thought. Two days later I had a new phone.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

danhhua

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
i have the same with the one you got and here is the fix for you
Here?s the easy fix:
Method 1: Using ADB access, plug in your phone and run this:
adb shell
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota of=/sdcard/fota-backup.img
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
Now you should be able to successfully reboot your phone via the TWRP menu option, or via a simple reboot command in adb.
Method 2: Using TWRP?s "terminal command" option to run this:
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota
You?ll have to type that whole thing out, and be very careful with spaces and punctuation. One wrong letter and you could nuke your LG G2.

Aaron Clay

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I love you. Period. What you need to let people know is when the get the out of memory message, they need to hit back arrow to home TWRP, reboot, then they can get into download mode, but the only recovery program that works at this point is the updrade assistant from LG. If it werent for you I would have a cold dead brick in my hand. Cheers!!

Eat314

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
nope it's been three days and nothings working

I'm experiencing the exact same issue with my Verizon LG G2. Only boots to CWM and Win7 will not configure the device properly even though it recognizes it as LG-VS980. Updated the drivers to the latest from LG and still no luck. adb devices shows a blank list. Am I pretty much screwed? I'll keep checking this thread in hopes that someone smarter than me will figure this out. I obviously am not as smart as I thought since I touched "YES" when prompted for the OTA update. Costly mistake. Please help! Anyone?

Last edited:

Eat314

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
OK. Finally got it working. Wish I had figured it out before I factory reset my phone. My main issue was the driver. Even though I had the right LG drivers installed, it just would not recognize it properly. Here is what I had to do after a failed device configuration.
- Go to Computer Management and find the failed device and Update Driver.
- Choose to manually select device and then select Have Disk.
- Find and select \Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LG VZW United Driver\64BitADB\lgandadb.inf (Tried the other xxxadb.inf files but none worked)
- When the list of devices is presented, scroll down and select LGE Mobile Sooner Single ADB Interface

Your device should now be recognized by adb. Follow the steps provided by others above in this thread and you should be good to go. Worked for me. Good luck.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome