AT&T LG G2 doesn't display LTE when there is a strong LTE coverage/signal on different phone

NestorNorton

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Recently, I just got the LG G2 from AT&T and I love it. But i noticed that It does not say LTE on the status bar, which is starting to really bug me. Clearly, Where I live there is Best LTE coverage ( I live near Atlanta GA). Why Doesn't the LG G2 Display LTE when the other phones such as a iPhone 5C that my friend has (same carrier) displays it? Is there something wrong with my phone? I had a iPhone 5 before this phone and it had no problems with LTE connectivity. Currently, in the settings > General> About Phone > Network > in the Mobile network type it says HSPA, and in the status bar its just a white colored 4G symbol, no LTE under the 4G. What should I do?

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Maybe when you upgraded from the iPhone 5, the salesperson did not give you the correct data plan.

I live in the south fla area and upgraded from from iPhone 4S and nexus 4 to G2 and made sure they gave me the proper unlimited data 4G plan. LTE showing from day one.

View attachment 98331

NestorNorton

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Wow, i just realized that. You are correct. Even though its a long and complicated story, what happened is we switch my line of an early upgrade to an iPhone 4S (early upgrades are only iphones) and then switched it with the LG G2, so that is the problem ( You might ask why I did this, well in short terms, i Thought that early upgrades applied to any headset from att, but at the last minute they said only for iphones, and at the same time I was adding a line for someone in the plan, so we "swapped them". Do I just go online to ATT.com to fix that?

Last edited:

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think you are able to make plan changes yourself online but I'd probably just call. I had unlimited since first gen iPhone and wanted to maintain that so made sure they changed it to unlimited 4g data and give you the proper apn settings to change... I don't know if it changes automatically after plan change. May just want to do a factory reset after they change plan so that phone acquires proper apn settings... Or I guess it's possible to manually change without reset.

Wow, i just realized that. You are correct. Even though its a long and complicated story, what happened is we switch my line of an early upgrade to an iPhone 4S (early upgrades are only iphones) and then switched it with the LG G2, so that is the problem ( You might ask why I did this, well in short terms, i Thought that early upgrades applied to any headset from att, but at the last minute they said only for iphones, and at the same time I was adding a line for someone in the plan, so we "swapped them". Do I just go online to ATT.com to fix that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21