On 5th LG G2

abc76

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Well as You probably already know this is my 5th LG G2. Yes the screen flickered at about 4:00pm yesterday. So I called AT&T and let them know that my phone was starting to flicker again. The nice lady put me on hold for about 5 minutes and called LG tech support. When she got back on the phone with me she said LG wasn't much help so she instructed me on how to put my phone in safe mode for a few hours. Since I called AT&T at around 6:00am she wanted to see if the phone would flicker while in safe mode and that she she would call me back at 9:00pm. Me and my wife wanted to test the phone for a little longer so when she called back we let her know that we'll run it in safe mode until friday. for some reason I'm optimistic cause I truly believe its one of the apps I downloaded from the Google Playstore (since my Wife's G2 isn't having any issues).

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear you're having issues with your phone. 5 bad ones is crazy. Just bought the G2 for my daughter and it's pretty amazing so far. Hopefully you get it worked out.

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

abc76

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Yea phone just got glitchy on me again. Talk to the AT&T rep and gonna do what he suggested. I just did a factory data reset and see how the phone does without any apps. I'm almost confident its one of the apps because he told me even though I'm in safe mode one of the apps can still effect the phones functionality (which it probably did since I was in safe mode and the screen started going crazy again). I Pray it was just one of the apps this time.:'(

OhAlfie

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
No problems with mine.

Personally I would have moved on to another model of phone after the second one failed.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine flickers, too. Only when scrolling. It doesn't flicker on and off, but from bright to dim.

Posted via Android Central App

Mine flickers to whenever I use lower brightness settings. It's not much of a flicker , rather just slight adjustement to backlight dim to bright for a little bit then back to dim as I scroll up and down.
I just keep it at %100 all the time, and no problems. I don't see it flicker when I lower it to like 60 or 70% either, but it is very noticeable when it goes into battery save mode.
Just make sure your battery save mode is not set to start at %30 and it should be fine, honestly I wouldn't make a big deal out of flickering screen since this phone barely sees below %30 battery after a whole day of work.

Saukrateaz

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
you guys are incredibly dedicated. 5th and 7th G2??? As stated above, I would have moved onto another device by now if I had those problems. I haven't had any issues with my G2 but after hearing a few of these stories, this will be a one shot deal. It starts doing what you guys describe and its gone.

Sonix

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
you guys are incredibly dedicated. 5th and 7th G2??? As stated above, I would have moved onto another device by now if I had those problems. I haven't had any issues with my G2 but after hearing a few of these stories, this will be a one shot deal. It starts doing what you guys describe and its gone.
I don't have any of those issues, but my G2 was 25 bucks. That may be the reason why people may want on keep theirs.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I was on my 4th Note 3 before they suggested I switch to a different phone. I didn't want to downgrade since paid full retail for my N3, but in the end a just bought this G2 and it is solid so far. I will sell my replacement Note 3 once I am comfortable knowing this phone will work for me. The Note 3 actually seems to be working fine, but I was ready to walk away from Samsung for a while.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol